Coefficient is a VC-backed SaaS startup based in the SF Bay Area. We are building a remote-first company with a focus on hiring the best talent regardless of location. Our culture is centered around people who are smart, driven, curious and collaborative. We are embarking on a journey to unleash the power and flexibility of spreadsheets across all of the data in company systems. The founders are serial entrepreneurs whose last startup, Shopular, was backed by Y Combinator and Sequoia and acquired by Rakuten Ebates.
What we do
Coefficient provides a no-code solution that enables business teams to access their company data in real-time directly from their spreadsheets and make it actionable across the organization. Whether their data lives in business applications, databases, data warehouses, or business intelligence solutions, business users can easily work with this data without IT involvement.
Using Coefficient, business teams can be more effective with company data that’s connected, automated and performant in the most familiar and flexible analytics product – their spreadsheet. By meeting users where they are, companies can now reduce friction between IT and business teams to drive higher efficiency and growth.
We’re looking for a proactive product data analyst to join our team. This person will be naturally curious and proactive, and love solving growth problems with data. This role requires advanced SQL and spreadsheet knowledge, especially with looking at product analytics. We’re looking for a partner in this role that can help drive business decisions and uncover opportunities that will help scale our business. If you are a relentless problem solver who loves data and loves working with smart people, this is the role for you.
- Support the building and maintenance of a comprehensive internal analytics system to cover all business departments so stakeholders can quickly and easily access the data, metrics or analysis they need.
- Meet with stakeholders from all departments to gather requirements on their reporting needs and provide solutions to address their questions.
- Provide ad hoc analysis for all departments as needed.
- Bring intellectual curiosity to our business and constantly bring proactive insights and recommendations to the table
- Become a strong and knowledgeable user of Coefficient. Report bugs and suggest product improvements.
- Be a steward for data hygiene across the organization, identifying missing or inaccurate data and suggesting new data that should be captured.
- Maintain awareness of all fundamental business metrics and set up alerts to identify any potential issues as soon as they occur.
- Always seek ways to automate repetitive tasks and perform work more efficiently.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- 3-7 years experience in data analysis roles, preferably in SaaS or startup environments.
- Extensive familiarity and expertise with SQL.
- Understanding of core principles of business analysis and key metrics for SaaS PLG startups, including experience with Amplitude or a similar product analytics platform.
- Advanced spreadsheet knowledge, including complex formulas, pivot tables and charts.
- Knowledge of data visualization principles and how to make dashboards and reporting easy to view, interact with, and gain insights from.
- Experience with some of the following platforms: HubSpot, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Amplitude, Notion, Stripe, Chargebee, Slack, Retool
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, manage project timelines, and deliver on time.
We are considering candidates for this role who are located anywhere within Canada or the United States . Having worked remotely in the past is a plus.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental Leave
- 401K Plan
- Remote Work
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.