Having just closed our $75M B round and with incredible momentum (and one of the highest net retention rates anywhere), Coherent is looking for a world-class Head of Demand Generation and Growth Marketing to help fuel us. We are on the path to hypersonic growth and are focused on supercharging Microsoft Excel for the 750 million global XLS users worldwide. This is a full stack demand gen role that will blend data and creativity.
Now you may be wondering what your day-to-day will look like. You will…
Create the strategy, approaches, systems, activations and measurement of all enterprise inbound and outbound marketing. You will manage and measure the critical programs and associated campaigns required to drive and accelerate pipeline growth. Working directly with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), revenue, partnership, and operations teams, you will blend data and creativity to hit aggressive growth goals while also building the systems and processes required for rapid scaling.
You will leverage data to create a solid hypothesis, but then quickly ‘fast test/fast fix’ in order to achieve optimal results. You will utilize fundamental indicators and metrics (such as CAC, CLV, pipeline velocity, etc.), but ultimately you will design and measure growth based on high intent leads that move quickly through the sales pipeline and lead to closed/won MRR/ARR. You will apply best practices for data (acquisition, enrichment and hygiene), ICP formulation, segmentation, channels (traditional and emerging), martech stack architecture, build out and optimization.
You will report to the CMO but work collaboratively and cross functionally with sales, partnerships, marketplace leads, regional leads, product leads, SDR/BRDs, content teams, operations teams, product marketing, field marketing, and others as required.
You will be an independent contributor to start, yet will have the chance to build a small team as we scale. In addition, you will also source agencies, contractors, advisors and the like as needed.
What skills the candidate will need to get the job done…
- Minimum of 10 years marketing experience
- Demand Strategy: Create and execute multi-channel strategies that are aligned to personas / buying centers/regions. Make a substantial contribution to pipeline, velocity, and revenue goals. Leverage a ‘stacked growth strategy.’
- Campaign Management: Map to customer journeys and buying cycles. Implement digital campaigns, account-based marketing campaigns, regional campaigns and campaigns that leverage both traditional and emerging channels to “break through the noise.” Leverage a bi-weekly sprint-style process as appropriate.
- Content: Understand how buyers think, speak and behave. Work with SMEs, writers, designers and others to create a constant flow of relevant, helpful, timely, memorable content that reads the minds of our buyers and creates authentic conversations to move them through the funnel, and help improve up sales velocity.
- Full stack funnel mentality: Track and optimize performance at each funnel stage. Create a predictable demand generation engine. Always map to growth-related OKRs and outcomes.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Leverage internal and external resources to optimize SEO and stake claim to our digital authority.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Work closely with a variety of stakeholders – C-level, sales, partnerships, marketing, inside sales, product and product marketing, content, agencies, consultants, advisors, and SMEs
- Digital + Field + Emerging: Balance a full roster of approaches including digital (high touch/low touch), ABM, IRL, Field marketing and emerging approaches as needed
- Continuous Improvement: Build a world-class growth engine, systems and stack. Always be curious and apply learnings. Leverage best practices but also evaluate the latest B2B marketing techniques. Experimenting and optimizing is encouraged!
- Lead Management: Acquire, cleanse, enrich, manage lead data. Optimize lead scoring as needed. Utilize various sources including primary and third-party data, intent data and more.
- Martech Stack: Own the stack. Leverage resources internally and externally as needed. Knowledge of systems like Marketo, Hubspot, SFDC, Gong, Intent sources, and other tools is vital. Knowing where to best invest to get max ROI from available tech.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in a demand generation leadership role in the B2B/SaaS enterprise software space
- Excellent understanding of how to analyze and optimize conversion rates across the sales and marketing funnel
- Extensive skills in marketing technology and automation systems
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others including co-workers, leaders, and others across various departments and functions
- Budget: maintain budget with forecasting and measurement of ROI
- Demonstrable success delivering on a PESO (Paid/Earned/Shared Owned) model
- Data acquisition and management knowledge to support lead nurturing and outbound programs
- Strong communications expertise both written and verbal
- Ability to present at an executive level (as needed)
- A desire to work at both at a strategic level and tactically on projects and campaigns
- Excellent decision-making skills in a high-pressure environment
- Self-motivated and results driven
Working at Coherent
Coherent is a software company with more than 250 people across Hong Kong, Singapore, USA, Thailand, Japan, Philippines, India and China. We have a passion for making things work faster, simpler and smarter. That passion extends to how we work, collaborate, and represent our growing brand.
Every Coherent team member is empowered to think creatively and act decisively to solve our clients’ problems. We strive to cut away complexity and hierarchy, so you can focus on the work at hand. This means everyone gets opportunities to take the lead on projects and grow their skills and abilities. At Coherent, you don’t just take a job, you seize the opportunity to build a career. We seek out individuals who show natural curiosity, determination, and enjoyment. And we help you thrive.
Let’s create a brighter, more inclusive future for insurance together.
Perks of working at Coherent
- Competitive salary packages
- Health Insurance (Medical and Dental)
- Flexible working
- Special Events (Hackathons, etc.)
- No formal dress code
- Non-hierarchical organization (no BS)
- Generous leave benefits
- Fun international work environment
- Global mobility opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities
Coherent is committed to diversity and inclusion as important elements of our company culture. We value individuals for their unique experiences, talents, and contributions they can bring when working together as a team. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
Follow us on social media