Our mission… Fuel customer growth through meaningful user-to-user engagement. CometChat builds advanced digital communications infrastructure to help thousands of businesses around the world create customized in-app messaging experiences. Our products allow developers to seamlessly add voice, video, and text chat to their websites and mobile apps so that their users can communicate with each other, resulting in a unified customer experience, increased engagement and retention, and revenue growth.
In 2019, CometChat was selected for the exclusive Techstars Boulder Accelerator. CometChat (Industry CPaaS: communication-platform-as-a-service) has also been listed among the top 10 best SaaS companies by G2 Crowd. With solid financials, strong organic growth, and increasing interest in developer tool-focused companies (from the market and with top technical talent), we’re heading into an exciting period of growth and acceleration. CometChat is backed by seasoned investors such as iSeed Ventures, Range Ventures, Silicon Badia, eonCapital, and Matchstick Ventures.
A global business from the start, we have 100+ team members across our Denver and Mumbai offices serving over 50,000 customers around the world. We’ve had an exciting journey so far, and we know this is just the beginning!
Fuel customer growth through meaningful user to user engagement.
CometChat offers a robust suite of cloud hosted text, voice and video options that meet businesses where they are–whether they need drag and drop plugins that can be ready within 30 minutes or if they want more advanced features and can invest development resources to launch the experience that will best serve their users.
- Quickly build a reliable & full featured chat experience into any mobile or web app
- Fully customizable SDKs and API designed to help companies ship faster
At every step, CometChat helps customers solve complex infrastructure, performance and security challenges, regardless of the platform. But there is so much more! With over 20 ready to use extensions, customers can build an experience and get the data, analysis and insights they need to drive their business forward.
CometChat’s solutions are perfect for every kind of chat including:
- Social community – Allowing people in online communities to interact without moving the conversation to another platform
- Marketplace – Enabling communications between buyers and sellers
- Events – Bringing thousands of users together to interact without diminishing the quality of the experience
- Telemedicine – Making connections between patients and providers more accessible
- Dating – Keeping people engaged while they connect with one another
- And more!
CometChat is committed to fostering a culture of innovation and collaboration. Our people are our strength, so we respect and nurture their individual talents and potential. Join us if you are looking to be a part of a high-growth team!
Position Overview & Priorities
As a Growth marketer, you will be working with the Director of Inbound Marketing to aid full-funnel growth. You will be spearheading efforts on demand capture through paid mediums and identifying opportunities within both the product and sales funnel and optimising them to improve downstream metrics. (Revenue from PLG/ Opp $ from M&S LG)
This role holds significant importance within the marketing team, offering substantial growth opportunities, high visibility, and the ability to make a significant impact on the bottom line. We value individuals who demonstrate a strong sense of curiosity, a passion for learning, and a willingness to challenge assumptions and the status quo.
- Pipeline $ from Paid Acquisition.
- Funnel efficiency of the self-serve/PLG motion.
- Build out acquisition campaigns on paid mediums such as Google Ads and Meta Ads.
- Own and iterate on the website/ landing page experience for these users to increase demand from ICPs.
- Alongside the product and design team, identify and improve upon the self-serve user journey mapping to increase self-serve activations.
- Own user onboarding and funnel conversions – create meaningful onboarding experiences through emails, product and website experiences with an objective to make potential customers maximize the value of CometChat.
- Own the funnel efficiency, identify and proactively fix leakages and drive feedback back to the larger marketing team.
This role is ideal for candidates who:
- Have prior experience in Growth Marketing/ Demand marketing/ Conversion optimisation roles with inbound/high volume acquisition motions.
- Have prior experience in running at-scale acquisition campaigns on Google Ads.
- Will be able to wear the product marketing hat wherever applicable and is confident about written communication.
- Can think top down, and can break a big problem easily into smaller chunks.
- Can go into gory granular detail and see the big picture simultaneously.
- Can prioritise issues; Have a strong innate instinct for 80:20
- Always have a hypothesis and evolve/destroy it as more insights are presented.
- Think they are a numbers person. Needn’t be a statistician, but have a good sense of what scale and numbers mean.
- Have a continuous experimentation mindset.
- Go above and beyond for the customer: We are obsessed with ensuring every customer is taken care of, no matter how big or small they are. We truly believe their problems are our problems, and will stop at next to nothing to see them succeed.
- Act with integrity: Be honest, be authentic and genuine, be open and do the right thing, no matter who’s watching. We know what we know, and what we don’t know, we’ll let you know. And then we’ll do our darndest to figure out a solution.
- Be relentless: Never stop innovating. Be relentless in trying new things, and improving our product. Challenge the status quo, embrace learning curves, and don’t be afraid to fail. Focus on the outcome and everything else will fall into place.
- Be curious: Practice empathy. Anticipate customer needs, and solve them before they get there. If you don’t understand something, ask questions and learn.
- Have fun: Laugh. Be positive and kind. Make people feel good. Life is too short to not spend time doing what you love with folks you enjoy being around.
Our goal is to make sure you have the chance to get to know CometChat as we learn more about you. Through a series of conversations with CometChat’s founders and key stakeholders, we’ll want to learn more about your strategic and functional expertise, and your passion. We hope that you’ll bring questions and ideas to each conversation and suggest ways that we can get to know you and your capabilities better.