At CommerceIQ, we help consumer brands accelerate their retail ecommerce market share growth and profitability through machine learning algorithms. We are building the world’s most complete and sophisticated Retail Ecommerce Management Platform, which connects and intelligently automates the management of retail ecommerce channels like Amazon, Walmart, and Instacart, across the entire ecommerce operational chain of retail media management, sales operations, supply chain, and digital self analytics.
We are in hyper growth mode, having recently raised our Series D funding at unicorn valuation (>$1B) and ended our third year of triple-digit revenue growth. Continued acceleration of our growth is fueled by landing new customers, expanding our platform through new products, managing new retail ecommerce platforms, and delivering exceptional customer service to unlock high net retention rates.
We are actively seeking a Deal Desk Director to join our Sales Operations team. This role will report to the Director, Sales Operations. As the first Deal Desk hire, you will own the deal desk function and be the first point of contact for all deal desk inquiries from AEs and VPs. You will own the function and take on deal-desk-related improvement projects such as internal processes, tooling, pricing/discounting, and analysis. Working with cross-functional teams (Sales, Legal, Accounting, FP&A, etc.), you will have the opportunity to analyze the effectiveness of pricing, strategize on deal structure, and more.
In this role you will have a significant opportunity to impact the growth, direction, and future of CommerceIQ. Ideal candidates will have significant past deal desk experience, including Enterprise deal experience. You are a natural problem-solver with a strong ability to navigate ambiguity. You’re not afraid when challenged and have the ability to balance process governance with deal strategy and negotiations.
What You’ll Do:
- As the first Deal Desk hire at CommerceIQ, own the function and run Deal Desk on a daily basis while building it out over time
- Coordinate with Sales, Finance, and Legal: be the first point of contact and project manager for late-stage deals
- Serve as the primary advisor on all deal-related matters; bring a balanced approach of regulating the process while being creative with alternative contract options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closures
- Lead enablement and training sessions for new Sales hires on pricing, contract language, negotiations strategy, and value pricing
- Own and update the quoting process, delegation matrix, pricing calculator, and discount and approval level thresholds
- Collaborate with FP&A and Product Marketing on new product roll-outs (new products, new packaging, and M&A) and help with packaging strategy to align with company goals
- Proactively recommend and carry out strategic projects to improve the efficiency of the function as well as effectiveness of the sales team
- Conduct analysis on discounting and pricing strategy to measure effectiveness (discounting/pricing and how that may be impacting close rates, future churn, etc.)
- Work with Legal to put together a list of pre-approved clauses
- Be an expert on company ARR recognition and sales comp plans, and proactively flag any concerns on deal structure and escalate to Finance or sales reps as necessary
- Create scalable and repeatable templates for proposals and present solutions on how to best present pricing
- Recommend new Deal Desk-related tools to improve the process (e.g. CPQ or CLM) and collaborate with other Sales Ops team members on selection, implementation, and roll-out
- Assist with other Sales Operations projects on an as-needed basis
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years of professional experience, with 2-4 years in a Deal Desk/pricing function, including complex Enterprise deal experience
- Based in EST or CST time zone
- Legal contract / SaaS exposure
- Experience in a hyper-growth start-up environment
- An analytical approach to problem-solving coupled with the ability to navigate ambiguity
- Strong self starter who’s proactive and actively seeks out areas of improvement
- Excellent executive presentation and communication skills including both oral and written
- Bonus: Past SaaS sales experience or pricing strategy work
Benefits & Perks:
- Highly competitive pay, benefits, and early stage stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home benefits including flex WFH hours and home office set-up reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone, internet, and gym/fitness reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- 401K plan, FSA, and HSA programs
- Long-term and short-term disability
Help us build the future of ecommerce. Apply now or learn more at https://commerceiq.ai!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category prohibited by applicable law.