commonsku is a fast-growing SaaS company that changes the way businesses within the $25 Billion promotional products space collaborate and work. We empower entrepreneurs to grow their businesses by creating a more collaborative and streamlined product-based supply chain.
We are on a mission to change the way businesses in the print and promotional products industry operate, democratizing software to enable an open playing field. Our esprit de corp is speed and proficiency as we are constantly looking to provide better solutions to our customers. We don’t just sell software; we care deeply about helping our customers build better businesses through content, events, and a community for sharing. We have built a brand that is deeply respected and trusted within the promotional products industry.
Our extraordinary user conferences cultivate community and inspire a vision for the future of branding merchandise. Our educational efforts like our blog and podcast, help our customers be more successful in growing their businesses.
Our team is dedicated, hands-on, and available to jump in as needed. Each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of our customers. We work as a team in a collaborative environment where there is also a lot of joking around.
We are a remote-first company that works seamlessly as a distributed team across Canada and the US, while maintaining a base at HQ in Toronto.
This is a remote role and the ideal candidate will be located in Toronto. You will be required to travel from time to time as required based on business needs such as meetings, employee or customer events, and more.
You are a culture vulture – you know all the coolest spots and have great style. You relish the opportunity to create unique, engaging experiences for people. You are a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills. You are detail-oriented, highly organized, and have some experience with event coordination and logistics. You are a creative problem solver, able to work well under pressure, and able to multitask.
About the role
As the Marketing Coordinator, you will support all aspects of our marketing function: Product Marketing, Content Marketing, Community Management, and Digital Marketing. This position reports to the Vice President, Marketing but also works closely with the President and Chief Brand Officer, and collaborates with all members of the team. This is the ideal role to learn the ins-and-outs of marketing at a growing high-tech company.
What you’ll do:
Customer Event Support
- Provide logistical and administrative support for in-person and virtual conferences we host and for trade shows where we exhibit
- Manage delivery, set-up, and breakdown of events, including boothing equipment, merch, and other equipment
- Manager catering and refreshments at events
- Provide support for guests, speakers, and attendees at events to ensure they have a exceptional experience
- Act as a champion and defender of the commonsku brand, ensuring that all event experiences are aligned with our brand voice, ethos, and ethics.
Employee Event Management (HQ Meetings)
- Support the planning and execution of our regular HQ meetings, both in-person and virtual
- Develop event schedules with senior leadership
- Coordinate catering and refreshments, office lunches, and more
- Plan dinners and activities with an eye for inclusivity
- Ensure the employee experience is as exceptional as the customer experience!
Customer Community Support
- Assist the Community Manager on campaigns to support our customer base
- Support social media strategy execution, as needed, including posting to our social sites, collecting assets, and supporting reporting
- Manage email communications for both customer and prospect campaigns.
- Provide support in campaign development and creative
- Manage and distribute our merch for customer onboarding and customer gifts
- Manage and distribute merch for new employee onboarding, internal events, and employee appreciation
What you have:
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing, events coordination, or similar role
- Extremely high level of detail-orientation
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups with an inclusive approach
- Thoughtful approach to design and aesthetics with an appreciation for making things cool
Interested? Excellent! Apply now at commonsku.com/careers!
commonsku is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.