Global restaurant brands run their operation on the Crunchtime platform. Delivering a consistent guest experience across every location and managing food and labor costs are at the core of how Crunchtime’s software is used today in over 100,000 locations across 100+ countries by the world’s top restaurant and foodservice operators. Customers including Chipotle, Culver’s, Domino’s, Dunkin’, Five Guys and P.F. Chang’s rely on our top-ranked platform which now includes Zenput to manage inventory, staff scheduling, learning and development, food safety, operational tasks and audits.
About the role
Crunchtime is seeking a hardworking, detail-oriented, technical Accounting Manager to manage the day-to-day accounting operations, own the month-end close processes, analyze, implement and improve internal controls. Responsibilities will include GAAP accounting, accounting systems, financial close, and monthly reporting. You will have people and process management responsibilities and will report directly to the Corporate Controller.
What you’ll do as Accounting Manager
- Lead month-end close process, including assessing complex areas such as revenue recognition and accruals, reviewing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, and preparing financial reporting.
- Oversee the day-to-day invoicing, payable, payroll, and cash management activities.
- Develop, implement, and document new policies and procedures to enhance controls and processes within the department and company.
- Manage external audit requests providing support and assisting in the preparation of reports (financial statement, bank, etc.).
- Work closely with the Corporate Controller on various technical accounting assessments, including preparing memorandums & analysis and consulting with external technical accounting firm(s).
- Assist Corporate Controller with the identification and implementation of new systems and processes to drive efficiency across the Finance Organization.
- Prepare and review financial data to assist in preparation of Financial Reports.
- Provide accounting support to other departments for special projects/ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
- Manage and develop a team by providing day-to-day oversight and career mentorship for staff.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including progressive experience with a multinational technology company.
- Netsuite experience is highly desired.
- Experience managing an accounting team for a company with similar size and complexity.
- Excellent leadership, planning and team building skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience in effectively communicating financial information to key stakeholders.
- Detailed command of GAAP reporting requirements.
- Proven ability to implement scalable processes and systems in a high-growth corporate environment.
- Strong executional capability, a can-do attitude, ability to shift priorities quickly and effectively.
- Proven leadership and commitment to recruiting, mentoring and training a diverse international team.
- Demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility.
Nice to haves
- CPA and/or Big 4 experience
- Experience implementing ASC606 and other major accounting standards..
- Knowledge of hardware accounting practices and business models.
What you’ll get
- Great mission-driven team members from diverse backgrounds with a strong company culture.
- Competitive pay.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Paid company holidays.
- Yearly team off-sites.
- International travel opportunities.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (FSA, HSA & HRA options).
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance.
- 401k employer match.
- Wellness benefits (Headspace, OneMedical, Omada, Ginger.io, Gympass, Carrot).
- Commuter benefits.
- Work in an open environment on solutions that are reshaping the way businesses operate.
- Fun team events.
- Ability to have a big impact.
- 10 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Fitness reimbursement.
- Learning & development funds.