We are Curri and our mission is to be the way the world delivers construction and industrial supplies. Curri provides on-demand, last-mile logistics for construction and adjacent industries with our nationwide fleet of cars, trucks, and flatbeds. Curri was founded in 2018 and was a part of the YC S19 Batch. Employees work out of our office in Ventura, CA, but the majority of our fast-growing start-up operates remotely, with over 100 employees spread across the United States. We’re solving a massive, global problem of inefficiency in the construction industry. We imagine a world of efficient construction sites resulting in a net win for the entire world. Find out more at curri.com.
About the role
The Strategy & Planning team is responsible for defining and executing the operational strategy of the company. Our work is inherently cross-functional and you will work collaboratively across all functions to improve alignment and prioritization. The team is data-driven, combining both quantitative and qualitative insights to inform strategic decision making at the executive level.
Strategy & Planning Associates will take on a mix of special projects and long-term initiatives that aim to enhance the efficiency of our marketplace, identify opportunities for growth, or unlock operational leverage for our teams. The role requires the ability to act as an owner, identifying the key drivers of the business, analyzing data to locate areas for improvement, and driving the solution by effectively partnering with operational teams. No problem is too big or too small, and this individual will continuously challenge the status quo to provide a better experience for our customers, drivers, and operations team.
- Work cross-departmentally on high impact initiatives, often leading from inception to implementation
- Identify operational gaps and inefficiencies to inform how we build and scale
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Operations on overall company priorities and strategy
- Serve as a go-to source of key data and analytical horsepower throughout the company to continually improve the efficiency and profitability of our business
- Be the voice of Operations at Curri through newsletters, cross-departmental initiatives, and strategic priorities
What you need to have
- 2+ years of experience in a related field, including banking, consulting, technology, analytics, operations, and strategy
- Expert business acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to craft succinct communications and present information in a consumable way
- Experience leading the execution complex initiatives and processes using project management best practices
- Capable of working autonomously in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
- Natural ability to problem solve and isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo
- Exceptional team player who actively collaborates with other teams across the organization
- Familiarity or proficiency with SQL is preferred
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to work for a dynamic and successful start-up on a diverse team where you can make a huge impact by doing meaningful work.
- Significant and meaningful responsibilities from Day 1, with the ability to shape operational strategy. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you.
- Work in a remote environment with a flexible schedule. We don’t micromanage and want to help you do great work.
- There is no work/life—there is only life and want your time at Curri to be life-giving and foster the best version of you. We care about family and your own personal development and don’t expect you to be always engaged with work.
- We offer a competitive salary, and benefits including, but not limited to, health, dental, vision, 401K, and an equity compensation grant.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.