Datavant is a rapidly growing healthcare technology company with a mission to connect the world’s health data. By eliminating data silos in the healthcare industry, we aim to unlock opportunities to accelerate medical research, and help organizations design better ways to facilitate access, affordability, and quality of care leading to better patient outcomes.
By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping into a highly collaborative, fully remote team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We look for people who are smart, nice and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring for high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a distributed, remote-first team (no office locations) and we empower Datavanters to shape their working environment in a way that suits their needs — learn more here!
Datavant is looking for an enthusiastic and meticulous Data Analyst to join our growing team which interrogates and assesses client information in terms of the re-identification risk to patients, and operationalizes the necessary data modifications needed to reduce risk.
As part of the Privacy Science team within Privacy Hub you will play a crucial role in processing and analyzing large health-related datasets and contribute to the subsequent preparation of associated reports. Within Privacy Hub, we work to protect patient privacy and maximize the utility of health data. Your work will directly impact the health data ecosystem allowing datasets to be used for scientific research and development whilst protecting patient privacy. There will be opportunities to work on a variety of projects relating to patient privacy in data and to develop skills in data analysis and data science as well as an understanding of re-identification risk in data.
Please note: although this role is fully remote, this role is expected to work east coast business hours.
- Process and clean health datasets in a variety of formats, and of various sizes.
- Analyze health datasets, clearly reporting findings to the data science team.
- Develop tools and working processes to facilitate analysis.
- Create clear documentation and aid in the preparation of statistical reports.
- Liaise with clients and data scientists to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner.
What You Will Bring to the Table:
- A masters degree in a relevant subject and/or considerable experience in a similar
- position for commercial/service organizations.
- Expertise in the manipulation, integration, processing and interrogation of large datasets.
- Expertise in either R and/or Python, the command line, with strong coding skills and annotation protocols.
- Experience running database queries in SQL.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to liaise effectively, both internally and externally, to reach successful project conclusions.
- Understanding of real-world data in context rather than consider it in abstraction.
- Well-developed time management skills and demonstrable experience of prioritizing work to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to work both as part of a team and independently, without supervision as circumstances dictate.
Bonus Points if:
- You have an appreciation of the need for effective methods in data privacy and security, and an awareness of the relevant legislation.
- Familiarity with AWS cloud-based storage, Snowflake and computing facilities.
We are committed to building a diverse team of Datavanters who are smart, nice, and get things done where every Datavanter is empowered to bring their authentic self to their work. We are all responsible for stewarding a high-performance culture in which all Datavanters belong and thrive. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences.
Our compensation philosophy is to be externally competitive, internally fair, and not win or lose on compensation. Salary ranges are developed with the support of market benchmarks and industry best practices.
We’re building a high-growth, high-autonomy culture. We rely less on job titles and more on cultivating an environment where anyone can contribute, the best ideas win, and personal growth is driven by expanding impact and less by title. This means we default to simple job titles (e.g., Software Engineer) rather than complex ones (e.g., Senior Software Engineer). At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit datavant.com.