Datavant is a data logistics company for healthcare whose products and solutions enable organizations to move and connect data securely. We are a data logistics company for healthcare whose products and solutions enable organizations to move and connect data securely. Datavant has a network of networks consisting of thousands of organizations, more than 70,000 hospitals and clinics, 70% of the 100 largest health systems, and an ecosystem of 500+ real-world data partners.
By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping onto a highly collaborative, remote-first team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We hire for three traits: we want people who are smart, nice, and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a distributed, remote-first team, and we empower Datavanters to shape their working environment in a way that suits their needs.
This position is responsible for growing the business in named national accounts through sales efforts as well as projecting, planning, communicating, and executing account management functions to provide quality customer service and high customer satisfaction. This job focuses on customer service, growing, strengthening, and retaining client relationships while providing guidance and leadership for Commercial Leadership. This role will drive enterprise sales for named national accounts with significant potential to grow.
- Responsible for sales activity which includes prospecting, negotiating contracts, establishing business terms, and meeting the sales quota that is set by the business
- Meet key contacts and establish relationships at named national accounts
- Draft account growth plan with appropriate objectives and key results to achieve desired outcomes
- Outline key product and service offering enhancements to drive enterprise-wide adoption
- Manage multiple areas/clients nationally and adjust sales goals as appropriate for each prospect/customer
- Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential (same-store sales to grow the business)
- Work collaboratively with other resources within the organization including Client Executives, Operations, Marketing, Product, Implementation, and the Executive team
- Prepare and present out on proposals
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the meaningful financial metrics driving the Company business, including revenue, margin, and digital adoption
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong sales acumen including documentation of sales efforts in the CRM, and accurate forecasting
- Be responsible for protecting the existing book of business through renewal activity, contract renegotiation, and client relationship activities
- Lead renegotiation of existing agreements
- Participate, as needed, in local and national tradeshows
- Other duties that are ancillary or otherwise related to these primary duties as instructed by the Company
What you will bring to the table:
- Minimum of 5 years of management or sales experience in a healthcare environment
- Strategic thinking & leadership skills
- Highly effective communication/presentation capabilities of an intangible service to varied levels of decision-makers within a healthcare facility from line managers to “C” level executives
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of strategies for hospitals, affiliated clinics, retail healthcare, and health plans preferred
- Knowledge of HIPAA Compliance Regulations
- Excellent computer and data analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Business/Health Information Management/Communications or other related field
- Ability to travel at least 50%-75% of the time
We are committed to building a diverse team of Datavanters who are all responsible for stewarding a high-performance culture in which all Datavanters belong and thrive. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Our compensation philosophy is to be externally competitive, internally fair, and not win or lose on compensation. Salary ranges for this position are developed with the support of benchmarks and industry best practices.
We’re building a high-growth, high-autonomy culture. We rely less on job titles and more on cultivating an environment where anyone can contribute, the best ideas win, and personal growth is driven by expanding impact. The range posted is for a given job title, which can include multiple levels. Individual rates for the same job title may differ based on their level, responsibilities, skills, and experience for a specific job. The estimated salary range for this role is $140,000 – $180,000.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be anonymous and used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. (We can only see aggregate responses, not individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not.) Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit datavant.com.