Datavant is a data logistics company for healthcare whose products and solutions enable organizations to move and connect data securely. Datavant protects, connects, and delivers the world’s health data to power better decisions and advance human health. Datavant has a network of networks consisting of thousands of organizations, more than 70,000 hospitals and clinics, 70% of the 100 largest health systems, and an ecosystem of 500+ real-world data partners.
By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping onto a highly collaborative, remote-first team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We hire for three traits: we want people who are smart, nice, and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring for high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a distributed, remote-first team, and we empower Datavanters to shape their working environment in a way that suits their needs.
Like many high-growth companies, Datavant is fast-paced, product-driven, and focused on challenging the status quo. But cultures are defined on how they are different, not how they are the same, and we encourage you to read about the Datavant Way here.
Datavant is a product-led company with deeply entrenched customer offerings and relationships. We created this product marketing role to bring deep product strategy and marketing to a target customer group while ensuring that the product positioning is internally consistent across other stakeholders. We are seeking a talented and experienced Product Marketing Manager to join our growing team.
The Datavant Product Marketing team is responsible for bringing to life the value, differentiation and proof points of our products. Each Product Marketing Manager is responsible for being a product and market expert, cultivating our product messaging and being a champion of our prospects’ needs.
The team is lean, so you will be solely responsible for the product in your vertical. That requires you to be an entrepreneurial self-starter with strong interpersonal skills. You need to bring a proven track record creating strong partnerships across Marketing, Sales, and Product teams. The Product Marketer will report into the Brand and Product Marketing Center of Excellence and own an ambitious charter to communicate the value of Datavant’s products for proven and emerging use cases for payer and health plans. If you want to have a front-row seat in developing strategies and messaging that communicates the value of Datavant’s products to the market, then this role is for you!
- Inform product development and roadmap
- Develop expertise of competitive landscape
- Work closely with our product team to fully understand Datavant products and technology and be a strong voice in the product roadmap, reflecting customer preferences and industry trends.
- Provide voice of customer in product development discussions
- Drive product messaging and positioning
- Lead the art and science of creating differentiated and crisp positioning and messaging that captures the core value proposition to our target audience.
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, and Marketing to craft the value proposition and competitive differentiation of our products based on a deep understanding of market drivers and customer requirements.
- Support GTM teams to pull through product marketing
- Ensure messaging is applied consistently throughout go-to-market communications and channel
- Develop go-to-market strategies and core assets that boost our brand recognition and win rate.
- Contribute to product vision narratives that support key deals and strategic partnerships
- Create compelling customer experiences as they learn about product
- Develop demos and other hands-on tools to bring product to life
- Train GTM teams to ensure they can demonstrate and explain products to customers
- Create webinars and other tools to make products credible and enticing for customers
- Design and implement scalable Product Marketing systems that bring rigor and process to help answer ambiguous strategic questions around naming, packaging, and positioning
What You Will Bring to the Table:
- Bachelors Degree in business, marketing, or related field
- Experience working with Product and/or Solutions teams to develop and execute go-to-market strategies for new products or use cases
- 4+ years of product marketing experience in B2B tech, health care industry preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new offerings and use cases and prioritize according to maturity stage and market opportunity
- Ability to influence key decisions across departments and management levels by maintaining and deepening cross-functional relationships
- Ability to independently prioritize across competing workstreams, setting and reporting on quarterly OKRs that align to our broader business goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Customer orientation and market savviness; experience working with Sales and Customer Success teams to drive product adoption
- A creative storyteller: able to develop and craft compelling messaging and content to communicate value to target customers
- Comfort navigating ambiguity and launching new category-creating products and/or use cases
We are committed to building a diverse team of Datavanters who are all responsible for stewarding a high-performance culture in which all Datavanters belong and thrive. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Our compensation philosophy is to be externally competitive, internally fair, and not win or lose on compensation. Salary ranges for this position are developed with the support of benchmarks and industry best practices.
We’re building a high-growth, high-autonomy culture. We rely less on job titles and more on cultivating an environment where anyone can contribute, the best ideas win, and personal growth is driven by expanding impact. The range posted is for a given job title, which can include multiple levels. Individual rates for the same job title may differ based on their level, responsibilities, skills, and experience for a specific job. The estimated salary range for this role is $120,000 – $160,000.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be anonymous and used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. (We can only see aggregate responses, not individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not.) Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit datavant.com.