dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
We are looking for a Business Systems Engineer to join the Revenue Operations team. This person will have the integral role in the company of helping to support our fast-growing go to market org by making sure they have the data they need to do their jobs. They will have the opportunity to work with many talented, awesome people across several cross-functional teams and they will help to develop and manage many important business systems integrations.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work on Force.com development and maintenance (Sales Cloud)
- Maintain and develop integrations across our different business tooling
- Work with business users and key stakeholders to define business problems, identify key requirements, and implement technical solutions
- Develop, implement, and deliver best practice business processes and solutions
- Work with cross-functional teams to get system and application issues addressed, root causes identified and remediated
You are a good fit if you:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a comparable major
- 2+ years Force.com experience
- Intermediate to advanced APEX / VF development with a healthy understanding of unit testing best practices
- Experience configuring business integrations
- Advanced proficiency with SQL
- Excellent communication and ability to work across business functions
- Foundational project management skills, with experience developing and prioritizing backlogs
You’ll have an edge if:
- Salesforce Platform Developer Certified
- Experience with support tooling (Zendesk, Salesforce Service Cloud, Intercom, etc)
- Experience working with financial systems (Stripe, Salesforce CPQ, Zuora etc.)
- Experience with integration tooling (Boomi, Talend, Tray.io, etc)
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $120,000-$150,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, office, cell/internet stipends, Health and Wellness Stipend, and paid parental leave
What to expect in the hiring process:
- Phone call with Hiring Manager, Business Systems Engineering Manager
- A working task section with the Hiring Manager (90-minutes)
- Call with Head of Revenue Operations, James (45-minutes)
- Call with Head of Operations and Strategy, Mark (45-minutes)
- Call with Sr. Manager, Marketing Operations, Danny (45-minutes)
- Call with Head of Data, Erica (45-minutes)
- Final interview with a member of our Leadership Team
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
– Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
– Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
– Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
– Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 9,000 companies using dbt every week, 30,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 1,800 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at [email protected] if you need assistance or accommodation due to disability.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time.
Follow us on social media