dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to develop and scale our Sales Development program here at dbt Labs. You will be a key member of our revenue management team; leading pipeline generation and development of the SDR function.
In this role, you can expect to…
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of Sales Development Representatives who consistently overachieve pipeline generation targets and become future sellers at dbt Labs
- Own and drive execution of dbt Labs’ new business pipeline goals, having a deep understanding of top of funnel metrics and what levers we can pull to increase conversions
- Work with Sales and Marketing leadership to ensure the success of campaigns, while providing constructive input to develop new campaigns
- Identify opportunities for better process and structure for our growing team
You are a good fit if…
- Have experience as an SDR and have led a SaaS SDR team for 5+ years with consistent overachievement
- Have experience growing a sales development team by recruiting and developing SDRs
- Have an analytical background and enjoy optimizing processes
- Have extensive experience with Salesforce and Outreach
- Are a strong communicator (verbal and written) and collaborate well in a fast-paced environment
- Are excited to experiment with new way so developing pipeline and prospecting
You have an edge if you…
- You have prior experience in analytics, ETL, BI, and/or open-sourced software
Compensation & Benefits…
- Salary: $275K – $325K
- Equity: Competitive Equity Stake
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, and paid parental leave
What to expect in the hiring process…
- Interview with a Talent Partner
- Interview with hiring manager; VP of Revenue
- Panel interview with Head Of Sales, Head Of Revenue Marketing, and Interim SDR Manager
- Exercise & working session with VP of Revenue and Head Of Revenue Marketing
- Final interview member of the Executive Leadership Team
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
– Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
– Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
– Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
– Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 9,000 companies using dbt every week, 30,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 1,800 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at [email protected] if you need assistance or accommodation due to disability.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time.
Follow us on social media