We’re seeking a talented product marketer with a flair for storytelling and crafting compelling messaging. A go-getter with a successful history of facilitating narrative workshops that surfaces a client’s opinion in a clear and distinctive way.
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM
Deepstar Strategic is a B2B agency focused on helping our customers find market-fit. We’re on a mission to make marketing unboring. We know the best teams succeed when they share their opinion on the world and what organisations need to do differently to win.
We have a strong point of view too. We firmly believe that message market-fit needs to come before product-market fit and stories with compelling messaging are the key to attracting your ideal prospect and converting them to loyal paying customers.
Deep thinking and debate are welcome and encouraged. You challenge the status quo and don’t just blindly follow “industry practice” because no one else thinks about how things have changed.
Our founders are recognised as leaders within the product marketing community with a series of awards from the Product Marketing Alliance including Ambassador, two time Top 100 Influencer, Product Marketing Leader of the Year Finalist, and Messaging Maestro Finalist. We even deliver training for the PMA.
This is the role that will turbocharge your career.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
Working as part of our delivery team, you’ll work with our project leads to help our clients transform their business and achieve market-fit. Our goal is for our customers to dominate their market by positioning themselves as leaders in their category, building pipeline, and converting customers for increased revenue and retention.
To achieve this, we need you to;
- Play an integral part of the delivery team working across multiple client projects
- Review and interpret client growth metrics, goals, and go to market strategy
- Prepare interview and survey questions for qualitative and quantitative client customer interviews and feedback
- Understand client product offerings for competitive and alternative analyses
- Build client customer ideal customer profiles, personas, segmentation, and buyer journey maps
- Participate in client narrative design workshops (mix of remote and in-person)
- Develop winning positioning and messaging for clients
- Construct client product go to market strategies and content plans
- Build client launch plans
- Assist with development of new client proposals
SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
To be successful in this role, you will have strong analytical and writing skills with highly developed interpersonal EQ.
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing for either growing companies or agencies
- The ideal candidate will bring significant experience in messaging and storytelling that delivers memorable experiences and clarity of end user value
- Proven experience as a Product Marketing Manager in a startup or growth organisation
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering PLG marketing plans for B2B SaaS growth
- Solid knowledge of Positioning, Messaging, Narrative Design, Storytelling, and Go To Market
- Ideally you have a good working knowledge of North American and European markets
- Quirky sense of humour based around puns, dad jokes, and classic pop culture references
- Ability to work autonomously with a hunger to learn and grow
WHY DEEPSTAR STRATEGIC IS YOUR BEST CHOICE
Deepstar Strategic is a fast growing agency making a difference to organisations seeking growth. Our approach is rooted in the immutable fundamentals of marketing combined with how the behaviour of today’s buyers has changed. We don’t just blindly follow “industry accepted” playbooks without first breaking down the goals, challenges, and opportunities into first principles and applying what actually works today.
We’re data driven and holistic in our approach and bring our record of success across international markets to our leading practice.
We’re seeking someone who can deliver for our clients as they expand their skills and experience.
As a team, we have a love of food with keen interest in the Australian take on ingredients and cooking methods. We’re a mix of cold weather loving snowboarding enthusiasts and relaxing on a tropical beach sipping cocktails. Deep thinking and debate are welcome and encouraged.
This is a primarily remote role with the ideal candidate working in Brisbane, Sydney, or Melbourne. If the successful candidate is Brisbane based, we expect at least 1 day a week working face to face.
While the majority of the work will be remote, we do conduct in person client workshops you may be required to attend. This may occasionally require interstate travel.
To apply for this job please visit www.deepstarstrategic.com.
Follow us on social media