Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world’s expertise.
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
Degreed is looking for an experienced GTM systems specialist to join the Revenue Operations team to continue building out our tech stack and processes. The RevOps Systems Specialist will focus on the end-to-end systems and will be a key member of the Revenue Operations team. The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and enjoy building out world class tech stacks.
This role will report to the Revenue Operations Systems Manager, and can be located remotely anywhere in the US.
Day in the Life
- Analyze current business processes and make recommendations for improvement based on industry trends and professional business knowledge
- Work with business stakeholders to improve processes and optimize systems to enhance those processes
- Be the expert and mentor for many different tools such as Salesforce, Zoominfo, Outreach, Gong and Gainsight
- Collaborate with the greater RevOps team and utilize Jira for work management
- Ensure proper change management by documenting changes in Confluence and working with enablement and field ops teams to implement improvements
- Assist in troubleshooting of operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems and processes to fix root causes.
- Identify inefficiencies in systems and work with team to improve them in increase revenue velocity
- Help grow the team as the company scales
- Administrate Salesforce org of 300+ users
- Design and scale automation throughout systems
Who You Are
- 3+ years in operations (Sales, CX or Revenue)
- 3+ years of Salesforce Administration
- Proven ability to understand business processes and translate business requirements into application functionality
- Proficiency in data analysis: ability to gather, synthesize, analyze and prioritize information to make recommendations that will improve customer experience
- Proven project management, multitasking & prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to clearly articulate information to users and management
What Sets You Apart
- Strong knowledge of many different systems and logics
- Ability to apply root cause analysis and problem solving techniques
- Knowledge of SMB and enterprise SaaS markets
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Proficient at Salesforce Flows
Total Rewards at Degreed
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Twic
*Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.