Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments.
The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester and New York. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy – the global marketplace for unique and creative goods – and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. To do this, we encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We’re continuing to build recruitment processes that are fair and welcome requests for reasonable adjustments required throughout your interview experience with us. Depop supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
Product Marketing connects Depop’s product magic with the needs of our current and future audience by leading on the discovery and go-to-market for new features and propositions. Product Marketing sits at the intersection of product and marketing to make sure the features Depop designs, builds and ships are positioned and rolled out in ways that meet the needs of our community.
The new Product Marketing Manager will be focused on helping our Seller teams roll out new products and features that encourage buyers to list their items, and existing sellers to effectively manage their shop and increase their chance of selling. If you are someone who loves solving customer problems, working with teams from across the business and delivering exciting new products then this is the role for you.
- Develop and deliver on the go-to-market strategy for new features; partnering closely with Product, Design, User Research, Insights, CX and Marketing teams.
- Partner with Product to inform the product roadmap by developing research plans to uncover customer insights and stay on top of the competitive landscape.
- Effectively execute on the end-to-end go-to-market process by identifying the target audience, developing the value proposition, defining the narrative and delivering campaigns.
- Develop clear positioning and messaging that resonates with our audience.
- Run experiments to test hypotheses and bring analytical rigour to campaigns to inform the positioning and go-to-market for Depop’s products and propositions.
- Identify opportunities to grow and differentiate Depop by ‘connecting the dots’ between the market, our product and audience needs.
- Min 2 years product marketing or product experience in a tech company.
- Ability to interpret and analyse information to make informed decisions.
- Strong communication skills – you can articulate and convey ideas clearly to both internal and external audiences.
- Results and outcomes driven, with demonstrated experience working cross functional to deliver on your plans.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working in a two-sided marketplace business.
- Insight into Millennial and Gen Z behaviours and attitudes.
- Market research experience is a plus.
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI – you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching – we partner with Selfspace to provide you with the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme – choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders – we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carry over up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working.
MyMode is our hybrid-working model, designed to empower our employees to choose a working mode that works for them. MyMode is composed of 3 working modes: Flex, Office Based and Remote.
- Flex: we’d love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week.
- Office: Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be “Office-Based”, with your very own desk.
- Remote: depending on your role you can request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year.
All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
You can also apply to work abroad for 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries).
Our parental leave policies aim to support and enable parents to play equal roles in nurturing their families, in a way that is flexible and truly gender-neutral. Our full-time regular employees are eligible for 18 weeks of paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of their child. We also offer IVF leave, shared parental leave and paid emergency parent/carer leave.
Learn and Grow
- We offer budgets for conferences, learning subscriptions and more. We also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee we waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop so you can ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free.