In the role of Account Executive, you’ll have the opportunity drive revenue growth through the closing of new SaaS customers. You will be managing the SaaS sales process end-to-end, including: prospecting, needs assessment, demos, negotiating and closing. You will bring resourcefulness, tenacity, enthusiasm, a consultative approach and an entrepreneurial attitude to the position and have an immediate impact that contributes to our rapid growth. The Account Executive role will report into the Head of Revenue & Rev Ops and will be highly visible across the organization with regular collaboration with our Co-CEOs, Design Lead, Growth Lead and others. This is a high impact role!
Customer feedback & learnings are an integral part of the sales process at Disco, not only will you be shouting about the benefits of Disco from the rooftops and educating prospects about how Disco can support the growth of their learning community but you will also be responsible for translating customer feedback into actionable insights for our amazing product & design team. You will also be collaborating closely with our sales & customer success teams to continue to iterate on the systems and tools we need to scale our go-to-market capabilities. You will help drive the future of our go-to-market approach.
In the role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Prospect new business: You will collaborate with Growth to source new SaaS sales leads & opportunities through outbound calls, e-mails & social selling targeted at our ideal customer profile (i.e. bootcamps, knowledge creators, enterprise organizations).
- Close new business: You will own the sales process end-to-end (prospecting to demo to close). You will be quota carrying and will be responsible for reaching sales targets on a monthly & quarterly basis.
- Be a product expert: You are a Disco product expert and assist buyers through the sales process by qualifying, nurturing and closing sales opportunities.
- Be consultative: You take a consultative approach to all sales conversations. You look to add value throughout the entire sales process. Your primary goal is to solve problems for your clients.
- Strategize: You will take a strategic approach to how you tackle the market and you will constantly iterate on this approach based on what you learn. What works for one vertical may not work for all verticals.
- Champion & Follow Process: You understand the power of operational excellence and the need to follow processes, this includes being extremely diligent with updating our CRM (Hubspot) and staying on top of all tracking and actioning of activities
Who you are:
- Minimum 3 years experience of full-cycle sales experience selling B2B SaaS with a track record of consistently hitting quota
- Experience in the learning, education or community building technology space is a bonus
- Take initiative: You are known for your strong work ethic and go-getter mentality. You have a bias to action and know when to ask questions along the way.
- Relationship-Builder: You pride yourself on your ability to build genuine connections with a wide range of people. You understand the importance of building strong relationships, and listening to customers
- Grit: You have unwavering grit and are able to work through adversity
- Life-Long Learner: You are excited about the prospect of learning new skills and embrace feedback
- Communication: You’re able to create and deliver messaging succinctly in a way that resonates with your target audience and inspires action, thanks to your excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Empathy: Emotional intelligence is one of your superpowers. You understand your teammates & customers by stepping into their shoes and showing that you care.
- Organization: You are extremely organized and pride yourself on your ability to follow-up and follow-through.
- Owner: You act like an owner and take ownership for mistakes. You don’t place blame on others, and instead look for ways to be accountable.
- Experience selling/managing pipelines and familiar with tools like Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and other prospecting applications.
Built for the learning pioneers of our time, Disco is the all-in-one platform that enables virtual academies, bootcamps, and communities to build and scale their learning community. With its evolving set of tools, Disco provides everything this new breed of modern school requires to deliver world-class learning experiences, grow an engaged community, showcase their premium brand, and save time on operations. Today, leaders in the space, including On Deck, Dribbble, BatteryMBA and more, are building and growing their learning businesses on Disco. Founded by serial entrepreneurs Candice Faktor (ex-Wattpad) and Chris Sukornyk (ex-Chango) and backed by world-leading investors including GSV Ventures, iNovia capital, Disco is pioneering the modern learning revolution. Learn more at Disco.co
We are a remote-first team and are bringing together the best and brightest humans who have a shared purpose to reimagine learning. If our values align with yours, come join us on our mission!
Here’s what we stand for:
- ⚒️ Build With Empathy: Help founders and operators make a sustainable living growing learning communities through deep empathy for the building process and journey.
- 🌲 Growth Mindset: A growth mindset leads to lifelong learning. Our approach is learn by doing: test, iterate, reflect, learn.
- ❤️ Prioritize Inclusion & Diversity: We welcome and encourage diversity of ideas, perspectives, and lived experiences.
- 💡 Process over Perfection: Choose the simplest path (not the easiest path). It’s better to be faster to insight than take too long to launch to get feedback.
- 🌎 Create a Better World: We want our impact to be net positive in the world. We are intentional with how our platform, culture, and choices impact people + planet.
- 😎 Enjoy the Journey: Have fun and enjoy the freedom that comes with remote work. We are creating a culture where everyone feels empowered to do their best work.
Disco is a fully remote and globally distributed team. And right now we have team members in Toronto, Halifax, Montreal, Vancouver, and Costa Rica.
Disco is an equal opportunity employer and believes a commitment to diversity and inclusion makes learning better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
We’re seeking people who are passionate about supporting creators, and reimagining the future of learning. We’d love to meet you!
(remote within North American time-zone, full-time role)
Follow us on social media