Please be aware that in the event of a significant number of applicants, the position may be temporarily removed from the website until we can thoroughly evaluate each application. If we are unable to identify the ideal candidate from the initial pool, we will repost the role online. Thank you!
A better planet with every search – Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world’s largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 20+ million users have planted over 170 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced B2C CRM Specialist / Lifecycle Marketing Manager to join our team and enable us to achieve our planet-saving mission.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing lifecycle marketing strategies from the ground up. The aim is to assist us in growing by improving user retention and monetization. To do this, you will own various touchpoints, such as push notifications, in-app messaging, the tree counter, the new tab page, and email, which will enable you to communicate with one of the world’s largest environmental audiences.
You will work closely with the Content Team to make users feel connected to their impact and to build localized climate action campaigns, as well as several product teams who are working on communication tech, user retention, and engagement.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive B2C lifecycle marketing plan to facilitate user engagement, retention, and acquisition.
- Liaise between Marketing and Product to create and optimize a consistent user experience across touchpoints and channels, including messaging on product, email, push notifications, in-app messaging, and SMS.
- Design and implement targeted and personalized marketing campaigns using data-driven insights and A/B testing to increase customer engagement and loyalty.
- Evaluate and optimize the user journey, using personalized and eco-friendly marketing strategies to improve engagement and retention.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including content, product, engineering, and analytics, to ensure marketing efforts are aligned with overall business goals.
- Analyze and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, making data-driven decisions to continuously improve campaign effectiveness.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, implementing new techniques and technologies to improve customer engagement and retention.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- 3-5+ years of experience in B2C lifecycle marketing or CRM (customer relations management), with a proven history of developing and executing effective campaigns.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms and email marketing tools. Having worked specifically with Braze in a B2C multi-channel setup/product is a plus.
- Ability to analyze and report on campaign performance, using data to continuously improve and optimize marketing strategies, user segmentation, and messaging.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, with a motivation for promoting sustainability and fighting climate change. Written English should be native level; German and French are not required but are a plus.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team in a fast, deadline-sensitive environment.
Salary range: starting from 50k, depending on experience and level
If you are a mission-driven marketer with a passion for promoting sustainability and fighting climate change, and using data-driven marketing strategies to improve customer engagement and retention, with a strong track record of success, we want to hear from you! Join us in our mission to help the planet with every search.
Application deadline: 14th July
- What if your job made a real difference in the climate crisis? Join Ecosia and help plant millions of trees where people and ecosystems need them most.
- We offer you the opportunity to balance work with other parts of your life. (Flexible working hours, more vacation days than the law requires (30 days/year on a five-day week), two no-meeting days, remote work options).
- Moving to Berlin for the first time? We welcome everyone and offer relocation support and visa/work-permit assistance to new employees and their loved ones coming from abroad and within Germany.
- We are a team of more than 30 nationalities that includes people from different sexual orientations, ages, races, physical/mental abilities, child/pet/plant parents, and non-traditional backgrounds.
- We help you live sustainably through our green benefits, such as subsidized public transport cards, bike inspection, green electricity allowance, etc., depending on your location.
- We support your professional growth through monthly learning days, hack days, online and physical library, a 2000€ development allowance per year, continuous feedback, etc., depending on your location.
- Want to know what it’s like to work for Ecosia?
- Ecosia’s career page
- 10 questions for Ecosia’s Founder and CEO
- Our Manifesto
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity or are primary caregivers, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.