We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing leader to build Ellevation’s product marketing function and establish the systems to fuel scalable go-to-market. The ideal candidate can tell great stories about our products, can inhabit the mind of our customers, and understands the best way to reach them. They’re experts at navigating the space between market feedback and product development and are adept at simplifying the complex. The Director of Product Marketing will work with other cross-functional Directors to ensure clear and consistent product messaging drives value at all points of the customer journey. Simply put, they will be responsible for ensuring the product marketing team, working with others, successfully brings to market products and solutions that accelerate Ellevation’s mission and advance our business goals.
- Build deep expertise of our products, buyers, users and competition to shape go-to-market strategy for successful sell-in and adoption
- Develop Ellevation’s product story with clear positioning and messaging and ensure they are communicated consistently both internally and externally
- Lead and develop a team of product marketers
- Coordinate teams and processes to run product launches that are smooth, effective, and drive results
- Set product marketing goals and strategy to drive revenue and product adoption
- Advise Leadership of pricing and packaging strategies in collaboration with Sales, Product, and Finance
- 1 month: Gain in-depth knowledge of our products and partners’ pain points. Identify key challenges and opportunities for product marketing. Build relationships with collaborators and stakeholders.
- 3 months: Shape strategic decisions for the Product Marketing team, working closely with other departments. Set ambitious objectives and oversee delivery of high-impact commercial solutions. Manage direct reports and foster rapport.
- 6 months: Strengthen product marketing team’s capacity through collaboration with direct reports and influence within the broader organization.
- 12 months: Achieve key outcomes, positioning Ellevation for 70%+ penetration in the next 5 years.
- 10+ years in product marketing with B2B software companies, preferably in high-growth enterprise environments; 5+ years of people leadership experience
- Expertise in crafting product messaging and positioning for SaaS products and ensuring internal and external understanding
- Proficiency in transforming product initiatives into compelling narratives and overseeing smooth and effective product launches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to internal and external audiences as well as senior leadership
- Proven track record of cultivating team growth by fostering engagement, alignment, and a shared commitment to meeting deadlines and achieving goals
- Experience with pricing and packaging decisions and their go-to-market execution
$170,000 – $210,000 a year
Ellevation is transparent about its approach to pay which includes competitive base salary, annual performance-based raise, and bonus (or commission for sales positions). The salary range for this role is $170,000 to $210,000 with a 20% annual bonus potential and the budgeted target is the midpoint, commensurate with candidate experience and internal parity. Our philosophy is that the full range is indicative of growth during employment. In addition, we provide comprehensive benefits to all full-time employees.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help educators serve the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their Multilingual Learner programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. Our product suite includes a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company partnering with over 1,500 school districts and more than 2 million current and former English Learners. Over the next five years, we plan to double the number of ELs we serve and drive measurable outcomes for students. Ellevation merged with Curriculum Associates in 2021 to accelerate impact for Multilingual Learners. Our company continues to operate independently and is well-capitalized to support our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefits and competitive salaries, here are some things that make us unique:
- + Mission-driven organization where team members are empowered to make a significant impact
- + Opportunities to join DEIB-focused groups and support building a culture of belonging
- + Professional development and growth opportunities
- + Company and team offsites in various cities across the United States
- + Collaborative workspace in the heart of Boston – a stone’s throw from many central T stops (Downtown Crossing, Government Center, and Aquarium). Free snacks, beverages, and local organic fruit provided
- + Remote and in-person engagement opportunities, including happy hours, themed events, and competitions
- + Remote and in-person wellness programming to support team’s mental and physical wellbeing
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions.
We believe in building a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” by the Timmy Awards for investing in training around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and feedback across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Benefits – Benefits eligible employees (and qualifying dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401(k) retirement plan and receive an employer match up to 50% on the first 7% of your contribution, with pre-tax and Roth options. Employees have access to flexible paid time off for vacations, sick and disability policy, additional 10 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays and a winter office closure between Christmas and New Year’s. In addition, we provide a generous parental leave benefit, back-up childcare or eldercare, and a variety of other perks to support the health and well-being of our employees.
Additional Information: Ellevation operates under Curriculum Associates, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Privacy Rights Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.