Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission ~ the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,900 customers and reaching over 26 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
About the Opportunity
As a Senior Sales Enablement Specialist for Product and Sales Readiness, you will develop and deliver world-class learning, tools, and resources that up-level the capabilities for our customer-facing roles and improve new sellers time to productivity globally. The ideal candidate is passionate about sales, constantly strives to get better, and has successfully developed and delivered training to B2B sellers.
This role will focus on designing, creating and delivering learning for our solutions and processes to ensure individuals are equipped with the abilities and tools to be successful in driving revenue. You will work cross-functionally with a variety of departments to ensure alignment of initiatives with the company’s objectives and goals.
Where you will make an impact
- Improve and implement learning deliverables to be leveraged for onboarding and ongoing enablement programs.
- Quickly become an internal authority and “go to” contact for your designated solution set and sales area.
- Facilitate training for revenue organization (existing and new) globally.
- Leverage marketing and solution materials to ensure seller effectiveness through delivery of sales training materials and tools.
- Observe sales encounters, review sales results data and confer with sales managers on the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team to identify enablement needs.
- Lead regular discussions with stakeholders to understand challenges, identify patterns and trends across the industry, and evolve strategies and approaches accordingly.
- Proactively engage with global sales leaders and sellers to gather qualitative feedback on messaging, sales content, and other learning deliverables to optimize and improve learning.
- Assist with the design, updates and implementation of coaching tools (e.g., behavioral rubrics, cheat sheets, etc.).
- Provide instructional design support to ensure all training and tools are continually optimized and up to date.
- Attend regular product launch calls and other cross-functional meetings with marketing and sales to gather intel and needs for enablement deliverables.
- Partner with our Learning Management System (LMS) and Content Management System (CMS) team members to ensure all systems are optimized for training and development.
- Assist in the design of our annual sales kickoff and lead various training sessions.
- Assist with the certification of new sellers and managers on our value selling methodology.
- Contribute towards sales enablement calendar planning, creation, and ongoing upkeep.
- Champion the best practices for modern sales storytelling while being willing to change your mind if the data tells you that those best practices aren’t working.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you will bring
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and delivering learning and training materials for field sellers, with a focus on products and processes.
- 2+ years selling experience.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to align sales enablement objectives with the overall business strategy of the organization.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects, executing on project management, managing multiple priorities, and operating in ambiguous environments.
- Open and inquisitive mind with a passion for learning.
- Highly organized with an exceptional eye for detail and accuracy in your work
- Skilled in establishing, capturing, and reporting on value-based performance metrics.
- Excellent communication skills with a focus on storytelling, presenting and creating engaging content both remotely and face to face.
- Proficient understanding of sales concepts, processes, and methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong cross functional relationships at all levels.
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Seismic and Docebo preferred.
- Higher education sales and/or enablement experience is a plus.
- Ideal candidate is a commutable distance to Malvern, PA or Reston, VA
What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
• Flexible time off
• Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning
• 401k w/ match & Bright Plan – to help you save for the future
• Maternity & Paternity Leave
• Charitable leave – 40 hours/year
o Ginger (mental health)
o Wellbeats (virtual fitness classes)
• Rethink & Wellthy– caregiver support
• Diversity and inclusion programs which provide access to internal employee resource groups
• Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
• Professional development opportunities
At Ellucian, we believe in the “power of together.” We embrace an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace, and believe that our differences help inspire a culture of acceptance that makes our company more collaborative and innovative. We’re proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome you to come as you are!