Are you a values-based sales leader? Do you excel at building and leading fast-growing, high-performance sales teams? Do you enjoy driving a team toward the successful execution of a go-to-market strategy while leveraging humility as a source of strength?
As our East Coast Regional Sales Director, you will do just that! You will lead a dynamic sales team and help Evolv surpass our growth goals. You’ll be responsible for helping to drive the expansion of our customer base while mentoring and ensuring the growth and development, both professional and personal, of each member of the East region team.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Understand and internalize our mission and core values
- Understand the function and responsibility of the Revenue Organization
- Understand our pod-based GTM (Go To Market) approach and our 2023 sales deployment strategy
- Meet key Revenue Organization leaders and spend time with the Vice President of N. American Sales and East field sales team to understand clear job expectations and outcomes
- Meet and spend field time (customer sites, demos, etc.) with East Region Pod Sales Managers and their team members
- Learn basic product set up and operational details of the system via Evolv Academy (our Learning Management System), in-person trainings at our Headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- Travel to at least two customer sites to begin to understand subtle but important differences in security ConOps (Concept of Operations) across all verticals (Education, Healthcare, and Entertainment/Sports) and end-users
- Develop knowledge of key Quarter One deals and be prepared by the end of 30 days to leverage Salesforce and relationships with the field sales team to begin to forecast results
Within 3 months, you will:
- Develop relevant field experience with the product across multiple verticals and begin to build relationships with other Revenue Organization leaders
- Meet and spend time with every field seller in the East
- Develop a full understanding of our Order to Cash Process to drive efficiency and revenue bookings
- Drive consistent Salesforce accuracy across the team in alignment with Revenue Organization policies
- Develop a full understanding of key financial metrics and KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) to enable our ability to forecast outcomes accurately
- Develop enhanced channel relationships that drive growth across our key partners in tandem with the channel team
- Work with the channel team to identify and prioritize strategic partners for each region
- Develop an in-depth understanding of product operation, capabilities across various sensitivity settings, as well as different security and customer ConOps
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Insight Analytics
- Accurately share the Evolv value story with confidence and effectiveness with customers and partners
- Exude confidence and familiarity with product positioning across all key 2023 GTM verticals
- Create developmental plans for all sales and account executives on the East team
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Be known as a values-based leader within Evolv while empowering, growing, and mentoring account executives and sales executives on the team to ensure they achieve or exceed 2023 goals
- Hire new sales and account executives while developing talent for 2023-2024 success
- Have a well-developed understanding of product operations and capabilities across key verticals
- Understand and be familiar with our future product roadmap
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships across the Revenue Org and the entire Evolv team that enable partnerships to overcome challenges
- Effectively use metrics and KPIs to manage and accurately forecast the business
- Build key regional channel relationships that drive growth and successfully execute our 2023 GTM strategy
- The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing regularly?
- Live Evolv’s values daily (Kind, Fun, Courageous, Driven, and Authentic)
- Drive Values-based leadership of the East Region Team in the execution of our 2023 GTM strategy to achieve or exceed 2023 financial goals
- Routinely and effectively mentor the sales team in personal and professional development, and account planning process
- Participate with the field team at pilots and go-lives to fully understand opportunities and challenges across multiple key verticals
- Deliver our product positioning, value proposition, and story across all verticals and partners with confidence
- Develop the expertise to use metrics and KPIs as leading indicators of the business
- Execute effective territory planning processes
- Develop and enable key channel relationships that drive business growth
- Achieve 2023 Financial goals
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
You will join the North American Sales team, reporting to the VP of North American Sales and serve as the East Coast Regional Sales Director.
The team culture is one based on Evolv’s core mission to create a safer world. We build trust, leverage collaboration, and have a results-oriented focus by leveraging our core values of authenticity, kindness, courage, being driven, and having fun!
Where is the role located?
This role is flexible on the East Coast of the United States, with an expectation of domestic travel (50-75%).
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team that shares our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Tuition Reimbursement
Evolv Technology (“Evolv”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law in the locations where we operate. Evolv will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Evolv is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation as part of the job application process, please connect with us at [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Follow us on social media