If you are passionate about developing a career in sales, then you’ve found the right place. Exchange Solutions is a technology leader in SaaS enterprise loyalty and consumer engagement solutions. We have a growing roster of retail clients, and we’re helping enterprise and mid market retailers take their loyalty programs to the next level on a platform designed to create deeper, more personalized, and more profitable relationships with consumers.
The Business Development Representative role at Exchange Solutions is unique in that it involves more than just day in, day out prospecting. While your main objective is top of funnel management and helping fill our sales funnel with qualified first meetings, you’ll also participate in marketing and sales strategy meetings.
What are we looking for? We want an ambitious and energetic Business Development Representative to help the team expand into new markets and proactively grow our client list. As a successful candidate you are a great relationship builder and problem solver with a hunter mentality. As a self-motivated individual, you thrive to network with prospects and enjoy being part of an agile, growing team.
The Business Development Representative will actively source and qualify potential leads in our target markets and engage with them in various ways to support the Sales team, as well as performing a wide range of tasks and support sales related priorities in a fast-paced environment. Other duties might include: market research, managing a variety of special projects/presentations and new business opportunities.
- Research and understand our buyer personas and the needs and “pains” of our target market
- Qualify leads and generate first meetings, using email, phone, and social (including LinkedIn)
- Cold-call and cold-email qualified prospects with the objective of setting up meetings with the right individual, title, and persona (generally Director level or higher)
- Write and adapt email scripts and generate outreach sequences to reach prospects and facilitate a 2-way dialog
- Work with our CRM tool (HubSpot) to deploy campaigns, garner engagement insights, and ensure detailed notes and contact details with prospective clients are entered and up to date
- In conjunction with the team, brainstorm and execute new strategies to attract our target market
- Work together with the team to establish and share prospecting techniques, tools, and software that work
- Keep up to date on trends and news from the industry, our competitors, and our target market
- Engage in networking, face-to-face/virtual meetings, and any other activities that help to secure qualified, first meetings
- Assist with sales updates and reports for presentation to management
- Special projects as assigned
Capability Requirements – education, skills & experience
- Post-Secondary education, in Marketing, Business, or a related field of study (college or university level)
- Minimum six months or more experience in a sales or customer service role
- Superior communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are essential
- Must be comfortable with cold-selling via email, telephone, and social (including video messaging)
- Needs to bring a tenacious and resilient attitude to the role
- Excellent computer skills including, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), with CRM (Hubspot) experience an asset
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with ability to manage change seamlessly
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must possess a strong set of organizational skills and be able to multi-task
- Able to use social media platforms effectively to reach target audiences (e.g., LinkedIn))
- Self-starter and maintains a positive attitude