At ExecOnline, we believe that leaders are within us and among us, which is why we strive to inspire others by creating a future-forward path. Our mission? To connect all leaders to their future potential.
In partnership with the world’s top business schools, we deliver career-enhancing programs for leaders and meaningful impact for enterprises. We’re growing rapidly, and we’re hiring passionate, diverse, mission-driven talent to grow with us.
Help shape and develop the Commercial Development function at the leading EdTech company that is redefining executive education and impacting the world’s most progressive organizations. ExecOnline partners with top business schools and their award-winning faculty to bring leadership development programs to the online learning space.
We are looking for an exceptional Commercial Development Manager. This role is ideal for someone who has had individual success and wants to take the role to the next level of building and developing a team focused on breaking into new customer accounts at a fast-growing startup.
You’ll champion best practices in building cohesive, agile, and high-performing business development teams to generate revenue opportunities and develop key talent.
In this role you will:
- Manage a team focused on proactively identifying and targeting potential clients through various channels, including cold outreach, social selling, and marketing-generated leads
- Utilize data-driven insights and content, industry best-practices, and new technologies to the business development process to achieve high-growth sales goals
- Report team and individual results, KPIs, and trends leveraging Salesforce and other reporting to constantly drive performance improvement
- Interview, coach, train, evaluate, and monitor rep performance, to develop reps for the next step in their career at ExecOnline
- Motivate and develop the Business Development team to high levels of impact and career advancement
- Drive the adoption of methodologies & collateral, scaling the success of business development impact in partnership with Sales Enablement and Operations
- Ensure sales, finance and legal policies and procedures are understood and followed
- Build a positive culture of performance, camaraderie, and open communication on your team
What makes you a great fit:
- 3-5 years of experience in sales or account management, including at least 1 year as a people leader
- Demonstrated excellence in coaching and development of sales development representatives
- Strong project management skills
- High level of poise, judgment, and attention to detail
- Adaptability and flexibility; ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- A robust understanding of business development best practices
- Ability to command a room of sales development representatives
At ExecOnline, we are committed to fair, equitable, and competitive compensation practices. The base salary for this role is $70,000 – 90,000. During the interview process, total compensation will be determined in alignment with market data, team equity, and the experience & capabilities of each candidate. Sales roles will also be eligible for a performance-based incentive plan.
Benefits, Perks, and Resources:
- Accelerate your career: take any of our high-impact courses, for free
- You’ll receive stock options in our fast-growing company, as well as access to a 401(k) to invest in your future
- Thrive beyond work with 20 days of PTO, generous parental leave, paid holidays, and flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive wellness benefits: high-quality, low-cost medical, dental, and vision plans, in addition to other wellness offerings
- Community & Belonging: Our Employee Resource groups bring together employees with shared characteristics or life experiences
Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is our ethos. We take diversity in hiring seriously, and encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every bullet point to a “T.”
If you have a disability, or any other need that requires an accommodation, please reach out to the recruiting team – we’re happy to help!