Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Reporting to the VP, Corporate Controller, the Director, Accounting will be responsible for leading global accounting activities of the Company. The ideal candidate is someone who inspires a high-performing accounting team, but can also embrace ambiguity and loves solving problems. The candidate will possess a solid knowledge of US GAAP principles as well as a solid background in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and accounting operations. Managing a team of managers and experienced staff, the candidate will also possess strong management and team leadership competencies gained through prior experience managing a corporate accounting team. This will be a critical role in ensuring we continue building a world-class accounting function while partnering across the business to ensure our systems and processes are running smoothly.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee, support, and develop the corporate accounting team while driving efficiency and automation to scale the accounting function
- Manage the accounting operations for general ledger areas, including review of journal entries, detailed variance analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, while ensuring compliance with US GAAP and internal policies
- Own and drive coordination of the monthly global financial close process across multiple teams
- Responsible for consolidation and preparation of financial statements
- Oversight of NetSuite ERP including chart of accounts, various modules, allocations, intercompany and FX
- Streamline, automate, maintain & improve processes, systems and internal controls. Enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency of the Controllership organization to support our goal of decreasing days to close
- Maintain effective SOX compliance activities for the corporate accounting team
- Partner with cross-functional team including FP&A, internal and external auditors, business systems team and other stakeholders
- Team leadership through managing talent including motivating, coaching, and mentoring team members
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- BS Accounting or related degree
- CPA required
- 12+ years of progressive experience including as a Director of Accounting at growth-stage and large public companies
- Audit experience at a Big Four accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SOX
- Ability to lead a team in a dynamic environment, managing multiple and ever changing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines; Experience building, developing, mentoring, and inspiring a high performing accounting team in multiple locations
- Proven track record in making improvements in all areas of accounting practices & policies
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive experience working in ERP systems (preferably NetSuite)
- Candidate must be hands-on, have a strong work ethic, excel in a fast-paced environment, and be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities
- This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
Work Location & Travel Requirements:
This position is open to the following preferred office locations:
- San Francisco, CA
Fastly currently embraces a largely hybrid model for most roles which allows employees flexibility to split their time between the office and home.
- The estimated salary range for this position is $195,720 to $244,640.
- Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Fastly’s equity and discretionary bonus programs.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), a non-accrual vacation policy and up to 18 days of accrued paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program. For 2024, we offer 10 paid local holidays, 11 paid company wellness days.
- We have a huge impact.Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams.Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. As a new hire, you will be able to attend our IN-PERSON new hire orientation in our San Francisco office! It is an exciting week-long experience that we offer to new employees to build connections with colleagues across Fastly, participate in hands-on learning opportunities, and immerse yourself in our culture firsthand.
- We value diversity.Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate.Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and federal or state disability laws, Fastly will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your Recruiter, or the Fastly Employee Relations team at [email protected] or 501-287-4901.
To apply for this job please visit www.fastly.com.