Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Enterprise Account Executive
Reporting to the AVP Sales UK and Central Europe, the Enterprise Account Executive will lead and drive the efforts for the continued growth of Fastly in focused markets – High Tech/ SaaS PaaS across UK, France, Benelux.
Our ideal candidate has an extensive network of contacts, and possesses both a technical sales background selling security, and a strong eye for business that enable them to lead and close large engagements at CTO, CISO, CIO, CFO, CEO levels.
If you are a hardworking and successful salesperson used to introducing and selling highly innovative technical solutions to enterprise companies in the Technology sector, then we believe this could be the role for you!
What you will do
- Development, management and execution of a Go To Market plan to ensure Fastly meets its objectives of continued growth in the assigned vertical across the territory
- Accountable for driving pipeline, sales, revenue, and meeting or exceeding quota goals
- Lead all aspects of the sales cycle from start to finish both internally and externally including: prospecting, discovery, Proof of Concepts, value proposition positioning and pricing, contract closing and account management
- Work closely with a Sales Engineer to guide prospective customers through demos and during their trial periods
- Develop a technical understanding of the Fastly solutions, the problems they solve for our customers, and where they fit in the broader Edge Computing, Security and DevOps landscape
- Partner with the account management team to accelerate customer adoption and ensure customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with the key partners across Fastly business including Client Services, Marketing, Product, Product Marketing to ensure the regional efforts are aligned and executed
- Use CRM tools to enrich Fastly customer database and report on sales cycles progress; use of sales prospecting tools to drive out-bounding activities
What we are looking for
- Successful, established track record of business development experience, with senior leadership and C-level executives, within Security sales
- Direct field experience and extensive network of key contacts within the SaaS PaaS/ Cloud Platform sector, including large multi-divisional/multinational companies
- Self-starter who can demonstrate development, growth and expansion of a territory
- Proven track record of effective outbound prospecting, managing sophisticated enterprise sales cycles and accurate pipeline management and forecasting
- Experience with technologies and content delivery network services, security services, cloud based services, SaaS, PaaS, content management, web analytics, website performance, cloud storage, mobile content delivery or managed web hosting is helpful
- Independent, self-disciplined and possesses exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively as part of a team
Work Hours: This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
Work Locations & Travel Requirements:
This position is open to the following preferred office locations:
- London, United Kingdom
Fastly currently embraces a largely hybrid model for most roles which allows employees flexibility to split their time between the office and home.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet your needs. Our offerings may vary depending on the country where you work and are subject to change.
- We have a huge impact.Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams.Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. As a new hire, you will be able to attend our IN-PERSON new hire orientation in our San Francisco office! It is an exciting week-long experience that we offer to new employees to build connections with colleagues across Fastly, participate in hands-on learning opportunities, and immerse yourself in our culture firsthand.
- We value diversity.Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate.Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and federal or state disability laws, Fastly will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your Recruiter, or the Fastly Employee Relations team at [email protected] or 501-287-4901.
To apply for this job please visit www.fastly.com.