Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Sales Engineer
Fastly is looking for a motivated and curious Sales Engineer for a critical role supporting a team of sellers in our Denver office. We are building a team that is adept at identifying customer pain points, developing creative solutions using the full suite of services on Fastly’s edge platform, presenting the Fastly value benefits and addressing any technical objections. The Sales Engineer should be highly competent in assisting to develop a technical sales strategy and have the ability to work cross-functionally with Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing, and Engineering.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand customer needs and assist in developing a technical sales strategy
- Perform product demonstrations via video conference
- Provide pre-sales support to customers in establishment of configurations and services
- Participate in product, sales and role-specific trainings so as to remain effective in your role
- Assist in responding effectively to RFPs
- Provide pre and post sales support to Account Executives and Account Managers
- Build and support customer POCs across the entire Fastly product line (this can include WAF, Delivery, Streaming, Edge Compute, etc)
- Work closely with Sales Leadership to help set guidelines for deal support and assist in technical training for SMB AEs
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years experience OR demonstration of previous exceptionally high performance in SE role
- Experience selling to or working in relevant industry
- Knowledge in cloud and web related technologies is required
- Customer facing experience is essential
- Experience performing demos in front of both technical and business focused prospects
- Comfort with networking/security systems/protocols and Linux systems are essential
- Knowledge of video streaming and W3 technologies is a plus
- Impeccable written communication skills are important
- Open, curious and receptive to new ideas and ways of doing things
- Ability to effectively educate team of junior Account Executives
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred
We’ll be super impressed if you have experience in any of these:
- Prior deep experience working with a major CDN/Edge Computing platform and/or WAF, RASP and Bot Management solutions
- Experience as a team lead or mentor
- This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
Work Location & Travel Requirements:
- This position is required to be in Denver, in office, at least 3 days per week.
- Fastly currently embraces a largely hybrid model for most roles which allows employees flexibility to split their time between the office and home.
- This position may require travel as required by your role or requested by your manager.
- The estimated range for On-Target Earnings for this role is $164,050 to $205,070. On-Target Earnings consists of a combination of annual base pay and sales compensation variable target. The standard pay split for this role (i.e. base pay vs. variable target %) is 75/25.
- Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
- This role is eligible to participate in Fastly’s global sales compensation plan and may participate in Fastly’s equity program.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), a non-accrual vacation policy and up to 18 days of accrued paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program. For 2024, we offer 10 paid local holidays, 11 paid company wellness days.
- We have a huge impact.Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams.Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. As a new hire, you will be able to attend our IN-PERSON new hire orientation in our San Francisco office! It is an exciting week-long experience that we offer to new employees to build connections with colleagues across Fastly, participate in hands-on learning opportunities, and immerse yourself in our culture firsthand.
- We value diversity.Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate.Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and federal or state disability laws, Fastly will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your Recruiter, or the Fastly Employee Relations team at [email protected] or 501-287-4901.
To apply for this job please visit www.fastly.com.