We are seeking a dynamic Director of Salesforce Marketing Cloud to helm our SFMC initiatives. This role is a blend of hands-on technical execution and managerial responsibilities, requiring you to spend approximately 60% of your time on direct implementation and 40% on leading and nurturing a specialized team of SFMC professionals.
You’ll be part of the Marketing Technology & Operations team. This team sits within Marketing and is responsible for email campaigns, website design, A/B testing, analytics, journey optimization, search marketing strategy, and operational efficiency.
- Strategic Leadership: Formulate and implement a comprehensive Salesforce Marketing Cloud strategy that aligns with the larger organizational objectives.
- Technical Execution: Allocate a considerable portion of your time to hands-on tasks in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, including designing and fine-tuning intricate customer journeys in Journey Builder.
- Team Management: Lead, coach, and manage a team of Salesforce Marketing Cloud experts, ensuring all deliverables adhere to the highest quality standards.
- Requirements Assessment: Proficiently evaluate specialized project requests from business partners, delivering solutions in Salesforce Marketing Cloud that meet objectives, minimize risks, and establish realistic deadlines.
- Workflow Management: Oversee workflow processes using project management tools such as Workfront or JIRA, while also focusing on resource leveling and capacity planning to optimize team output.
- Advanced Journey Building: Construct, execute, and manage complex journeys in Journey Builder tailored to both B2B and B2C audiences.
- Tracking and Reporting: Continually monitor campaign performance, generate in-depth reports using Datorama, and Tableau, and make data-informed recommendations for enhancements.
- Cloud Pages & Preference Center: Build and maintain Salesforce Marketing Cloud Pages for customer preference centers, providing an optimal user experience.
- Email Best Practices & Deliverability: Champion and adhere to email best practices, aimed not only at maintaining high deliverability rates but also at fostering increased email engagement at driving business results.
- Event Registration: Experience in configuring registration frameworks for both in-person and virtual webinars using Salesforce Marketing Cloud and other event platforms is a distinct advantage.
- Quality Assurance: Employ a meticulous eye for detail to ensure the utmost quality across all activities and deliverables.
- Soft Skills: Exhibit superior soft skills, such as excellent communication, team-building acumen, and the capacity to influence key stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree in Information Systems or Computer Science. Master’s degree in marketing is a plus. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certification is required with 3-5 years of hands-on knowledge.
- 5+ years’ experience in email marketing and automation with demonstrated performance.
- Experience building Data Extensions, Automation, Journeys, configuring Distributed Marketing, building Cloud Pages, and usage of the Server-Server API
- Ability to write SQL queries, AMPScript, HTML, CSS, and quickly learn other programming languages.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is a plus.
- Experience with website publishing using an enterprise CMS (Adobe Experience Manager) is a plus.
- You have experience working in either a regulated environment and/or the non-profit space.
- Previous management experience with an emphasis on team growth and mentorship.
- Familiarity with workflow management tools like Workfront or JIRA, including resource leveling and capacity planning.
- Exceptional soft skills, including communication, team building, and the ability to influence.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working”. Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
At Fidelity, we value honesty, integrity, and the safety of our associates and customers within a heavily regulated industry. Certain roles may require candidates to go through a preliminary credit check during the screening process. Candidates who are presented with a Fidelity offer will need to go through a background investigation and may be asked to provide additional documentation as requested. This investigation includes but is not limited to a criminal, civil litigations and regulatory review, employment, education, and credit review (role dependent). These investigations will account for 7 years or more of history, depending on the role. Where permitted by federal or state law, Fidelity will also conduct a pre-employment drug screen, which will review for the following substances: Amphetamines, THC (marijuana), cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine.