Are you a marketer who loves nurturing relationships and collaborating with business leaders? Do you appreciate and seek out opportunities to connect marketing activities to build stronger comprehensive marketing plans that promote relevant and innovative investment solutions? If so, come join the Institutional Segment & Solutions Marketing team where our mission is to champion Fidelity Institutional products and solutions and drive business results.
As a Director of Segment Marketing, you are an integral part of the segment marketing team and will have four key roles: (1) collaborate with business and marketing leaders to set annual marketing strategy that directly aligns with key business initiatives and goals; (2) build and nurture positive relationships with business leaders and stakeholders; (3) become an Intermediary segment subject matter expert and advocate for the business within our broad marketing team; and (4) guide, develop and implement omni-channel marketing programs promoting relevant products and solutions to the audiences that need them most.
You’ll be working closely with a cross-functional marketing team while personally owning a wide range of projects from focus firm strategies, to focus product promotional strategies. This is a diverse and fast-paced marketing role with opportunities to collaborate across many parts of the Fidelity Institutional and Asset Management organizations.
- Main point of contact for business leaders and stakeholders that advocates for and represents marketing into the business
- Collaborate with business and marketing leaders to set annual marketing strategy that aligns with key business and marketing initiatives and goals.
- Engage with business leaders and your marketing team to facilitate ongoing prioritization of marketing projects; includes management of new request intake and shifting / reprioritizing negotiations with business leaders.
- Develop annual marketing plans for 2-4 key “focus” firms that drive deeper advisor engagement with our content, awareness of our offerings, and adoption of our investment products and services.
- Facilitate annual planning across marketing teams, paid media programs, and content calendars.
- Develop scalable omni-channel promotional playbooks for opportunistic product promotion that could be driven by the market conditions, competing product changes, major product milestones, client product approvals, and more.
- Develop and maintain segment marketing content to support relationship management and sales distribution strategies.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or advanced degree
- 7+ years of demonstrated ability working in financial services industry in a related capacity
- Knowledge of, or enthusiastic interest in, financial services and investment products, with intermediary market experience preferred
- Expertise in all aspects of marketing planning and development; program management skills to execute projects from planning through completion and measurement with exceptional attention to detail and time management
- Experience successfully leading sophisticated projects, managing expectations, and influencing business partners and teams across an organization
- Ability to work cross-functionally while collaborating across many teams in a complex organization
- Flexibility to adjust when priorities shift or the unexpected arises; prioritize and re-prioritize work, meet deadlines, and build strong business partner relationships
- Intellectual curiosity to continue to stay informed on newest trends within financial services and marketing
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to translate technical information into compelling messaging that resonates with target audiences
- Active listening skills to gather differing perspectives, and a consultative approach to demonstrate understanding and influence outcomes
- Quick and clear headed under pressure; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
The Segment & Solutions Marketing team is directly aligned with key business segments (in this case the Intermediary segment). This team develops and delivers relevant, differentiated and client centric B2B marketing programs that propel Fidelity Institutional strategic product and solution focus areas by driving prospect engagement and client adoption.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working”. Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
At Fidelity, we value honesty, integrity, and the safety of our associates and customers within a heavily regulated industry. Certain roles may require candidates to go through a preliminary credit check during the screening process. Candidates who are presented with a Fidelity offer will need to go through a background investigation and may be asked to provide additional documentation as requested. This investigation includes but is not limited to a criminal, civil litigations and regulatory review, employment, education, and credit review (role dependent). These investigations will account for 7 years or more of history, depending on the role. Where permitted by federal or state law, Fidelity will also conduct a pre-employment drug screen, which will review for the following substances: Amphetamines, THC (marijuana), cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine.