Float is the world’s leading software for teams to plan their time. Launched in 2012, we’ve grown every year since, and remain proudly independent, self-funded and profitable. We’re a team of 46 working 100% remotely and you’ll be partnering with team members based globally including Australia, Mexico, Nigeria, Canada, and the USA. Hear what our team has to say by browsing our blog, or reading our Glassdoor reviews. Check out what our customers think of Float from our G2 reviews.
We’re on a scale up journey, and we’re seeking people who thrive in this stage, given the autonomy, and the opportunity, to do the best work of their career.
Why We’re Hiring For This Role
At Float, we’re rated the #1 most popular tool for resource management software on G2. Over 4,500+ of the world’s top teams choose Float to plan their project resources and team’s time.
Mid-market teams (101 to 1,000 people) are our fastest-growing customer segment, and we’re the leading solution to serve their resource planning needs. As one of the few tools purpose-built for “the role”, aka, those with the job title of resource manager, program manager, operations manager, and creative ops—our mission over the next 12 months is to build the largest cheer squad of people planners.
Float offers a robust feature set for capacity planning and resource scheduling in a visually intuitive interface that’s loved for being simple and easy to use—as told in over 2,500 reviews on Capterra and G2. We’ve just released our highly anticipated in-app Timer and have more exciting things on the horizon.
We’re developing game-changing project planning features to replace chaotic spreadsheets (that breed silos) with Float—the tool that aligns project teams to make the most of their work time.
We’re an ally for people planners and believe they deserve the right tool for their role. All-in-one tools don’t cut it. Work management solutions are clunky. Float is the best tool for resource, program, and operations management roles to plan projects, optimize time, and schedule their team’s work.
Right now, we’re a four-person marketing team focused on creating product-led content that helps more teams realize the value of planning with Float. This includes collecting Float success stories from well-known brands like Atlassian, Github, Edisen, Scholz & Friends, and Buzzfeed, and collaborating with our in-house onboarding trainers to translate our product expertise into easy-to-access, on-demand education materials.
This year we launched a first-of-its-kind Slack community with 600 members and growing. Our monthly product newsletter has over 125K subscribers with a large portion ready to be convinced to make the jump to Float. This is all in addition to our monthly new trials and growing active user base.
You’ll be the first Senior Product Marketer to join our current team. To date, it’s been our Director of Marketing driving our product marketing activity and we’re ready for an expert to take the reins! You’ll be the driver of developing and executing our GTM plans and establishing our product marketing function. You’ll partner with the product and content marketing teams to raise the bar for how we communicate the value of planning with Float.
We operate with a relatively flat structure that still has reporting lines. You’ll report to our Director of Marketing, Siobhan, work directly with our Senior Content Strategist, Fio and Senior Content Marketer, Nikoletta, and of course, be a key marketing partner to the product team.
You’re a product marketing expert with a growth mindset. You are an excellent communicator with strong analytical skills and a knack for understanding the head and heart of the customer. You’re familiar with resource management and the challenges of planning people onto project work. You’ve scaled SaaS brands into product demand-generating engines before, and you’re ready to rewrite* the playbook with Float.
- Rewrite because, in this ever-changing space, we know it’s not as simple as a rinse and repeat
In this role, through best-in-class product marketing, you’ll help us generate product demand for every resource manager to want to plan with Float.
Our Director of Marketing, Siobhan, explains the important role you will play within our Marketing team. Watch this video.
You’ll be working asynchronously with a bright, dedicated team from across the globe, with a strong focus on taking complex problems and creating solutions that feel simple and intuitive for our customers.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
As our Senior Product Marketer, you’ll play a crucial role in establishing Float as the tool for people planners. You’ll develop and drive our product marketing strategy that focuses on increasing monthly trials and customers.
Early on, you’ll jump right into:
- Developing and managing our GTM plans for upcoming new feature launches, working with the content team to create marketing assets
- Partnering with product managers to identify the commercial opportunity of proposed new features, e.g., growth marketability, retention, and win-back
- Defining and developing our product marketing email programs to win back lost leads, paused, and churned accounts
- Working with the Director of Marketing to identify what product features should be prioritized to win more new accounts in Q1 – our high season period of the year
Once you’re a bit more settled, we would expect that you jump into the following projects:
- Contribute to defining our product marketing vision and being the driver of our roadmap to achieve this
- Partner with the content marketing team to experiment with new product-led content tactics that drives lead growth and converts more trials to paid subscribers, e.g., on-demand product demos, product-led templates, and Float feature related tools like capacity calculators
- Work with the sales team to develop sales enablement assets based on identified ICPs
- Experiment with marketing activations that advocates for the impact folks in planning roles can have when enabled with the right tool, e.g., async and live events, training programs, and PR
- Develop a people planning community program that positions Float as having the largest cheer squad of people planners globally
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
We want you to love your work and believe that these skills will allow you to succeed in the role.
Applying these skills requires:
- Experience in scaling a high-performing product marketing program at a SaaS company
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quantitatively define and measure success
- Excellent writing and marketing communication skills – proven in your product marketing portfolio with high-quality SaaS brands
- Experience with lifecycle marketing and working with email and CRM software
- A basic understanding of what resource management is and why a purpose-built tool is crucial for folks in planning roles
- A savvy grasp of product marketing trends with the technical proficiency and marketing skills to try new things quickly
- A sound understanding of people management to support future direct reports with mentorship and guidance
As a fully remote team, we’re looking for someone comfortable with asynchronous communication as the default, which means you have previous remote experience and are comfortable using tools like Slack, Loom, and Linear to communicate as needed. Don’t worry—you will have significant deep work time since we have very few meetings.
Why Join Us
Pay for this role is US $153,520 (Level 3.5). Here’s a blog post with more information on how we determine our salaries.
We’re a global async remote company with a diverse team of people from all over the world who share a common belief in living our best work life. We believe deeply in the idea of transparency and share our Float Handbook publicly so potential new team members can see first hand our perks & benefits as well as our ways of working. If you feel like you can thrive at Float to do your best work, we would love to hear from you.
Note: Industry research shows that women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups generally don’t apply to jobs unless they check all the boxes for the role. If you feel strongly that you have what it takes for this role but don’t check 100% of the boxes—that’s okay—we encourage you to apply anyway and highlight what you can bring to the table.
Hiring Process For This Role
You’ll find a lot of useful information about our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team on the Float careers page. The hiring process for this role looks like this:
- Initial First Meet: If your application is shortlisted, you will have a 15-minute meeting with Linda or Romina from Talent. This meeting gives us an opportunity to learn more about your experience and also allows you to ask any questions you have about the role
- Manager Interview: We take a very collaborative approach to hiring, so you’ll meet with Siobhan, Director of Marketing at Float, for a 45-minute interview to dig into your experience further. This is a great opportunity to ask more detailed questions about the role
- Co-Worker Interview: You’ll meet with Alison, Director of Customer Success, and Fio, Senior Content Strategist, for a 45-minute interview that will provide you with more context around how departments collaborate and ask you further questions about your experience
- Founder Interview: As the final step in the process, you’ll meet with Glenn, Float’s CEO, for a 30-minute interview.
Our hiring process takes an average of 24 days from the first interview to a job offer (based on YTD 2023 data). Romina or Linda from our Talent team will be in touch each step of the way to ensure that you are well informed and aware of the next step in the process.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we can only contact candidates who have been shortlisted for the role. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your application, we encourage you to apply for another role in the future.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.