Formation is the better way to accelerate your career. We’re building a platform that combines adaptive learning technology with a mentorship network of industry experts to create personalized, online training programs for job seekers at scale. Our first program is the Engineering Fellowship, a training program that helps software engineers from nontraditional and underrepresented backgrounds break into tech companies.
We’re looking for our first Product Marketing Manager who wants to become a Formation expert, evangelist, and cross-functional leader uniting marketing, sales, customer success, and product teams to drive business results. As a leader on a small team, the ideal candidate is highly motivated and eager to be an on-the-ground builder and executor. This is an extremely high-impact role that has limitless growth potential alongside the company.
The ideal candidate will have a strong product marketing background that leverages data and consumer insights to drive strategy across all marketing channels. You will be responsible for planning and executing initiatives to drive awareness, understanding, and growth for our B2C and B2B products.
Your perfect day will include:
- Designing, enabling, executing, and measuring product launches and go-to-market plans.
- Developing compelling messaging that resonates with our target audience, informed by data and consumer insights.
- Developing product positioning and competitively differentiated messaging based on user research, market insights, and product knowledge.
- Leading product launches, including planning, creating/managing deliverables, timelines, and more to ensure maximum revenue impact by product line.
- Conducting customer research, including regularly interfacing with our users to build and evolve our buyer’s journey as we grow our product offerings.
- Crafting engaging and high-quality marketing collateral using various mediums and channels.
Skills and experience that we value:
- 5+ years of experience at a tech company
- Startup and entrepreneurial experience a plus
- B2C experience (for high-value products, social technology experience is a plus)
- B2B experience is a plus
- Values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is committed to creating an inclusive environment
- Experience in Product Management is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytic skills and experience with pricing strategy
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Including any volunteer experience, mentorship experience is a plus
Salary range: $120K – $170K
As our first Product Marketing Manager, you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape our product marketing strategy and make a significant impact on our business. If you’re a creative, data-driven marketer with a passion for building and executing go-to-market plans, we’d love to hear from you.