Freeman is the global leader in events. Whether virtual, in-person, or hybrid, we are on a mission to redefine live for a new era. With a data-driven approach and the world’s largest network of experts, our insights are shaping exhibitions, exhibits, and events that drive audiences to action. Our integrated full-service solutions leverage a 100-year legacy in event management as well as new technologies to deliver moments that matter.
Freeman is looking for a technology-savvy and data-driven marketing leader to join our team as Director of Marketing Operations and Analytics. In this role, the candidate will manage three individuals overseeing five key areas: project management, operational processes, analytics, marketing technology and budget management.
The individual will be responsible for optimizing Freeman’s marketing tech stack as well as building and evolving the foundations of marketing processes, project management, tracking and measurement.
In this role, the candidate will be tasked with building an analytics infrastructure to continually analyze awareness, consideration and revenue data across the buyer journey and client lifecycle. The individual is responsible for real-time reporting and the delivery of revenue-impacting recommendations to ensure the business extracts optimal revenue for every dollar spent.
In addition, this role will develop and implement operational processes, tools and budget management to support the marketing team’s ongoing campaign development and execution. This foundation is critical in keeping the team organized, aligned and focused.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Analytics and Reporting
- Build analytics infrastructure, complete current attribution POC and scale work to deliver automated reporting
- Analyze multi-touch attribution. Utilize this data to understand how different awareness and consideration tactics are driving engagement and conversion. Dissect behaviors and identify trends. Understand where impact/return is greatest and contrary, weakest and provide recommendations to marketing team.
- Investigate. Identify funnel gaps, monitor lead management, assess lead quality and optimize routing to and from sales.
- Elevate reporting by building a view of the entire buyer journey (including retention lifecycle etc.) to better understand gaps and areas for optimization. Understand impact on awareness, consideration and ROI of every touchpoint. Bring marketing and sales KPIs together.
- Own relationship with sales operations/growth enablement and develop efficiencies with lead management, opportunity handoff (new processes, documentation, ongoing QA)
- Implement and integrate marketing technology to create efficiencies and modernize marketing efforts. Enable teams.
- Develop and implement operational processes around marketing technology, project management and budget management
- Manage invoicing and budgeting processes for continued reconciliation and strategic guidance on where to allocate funds and resources. Routinely track, reconcile and ensure full utilization.
- Partner with rest of marketing team to guide and optimize usage of marketing dollars
- Work closely with finance and sales operations to reconcile data
- Drive ongoing project management for all creative and content requests
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree (marketing, communications, business preferred)
- 8+ years related experience in marketing operations and analytics
- 3+ years of managerial experience in marketing operations
- Experience building out marketing funnel architecture
- Deep understanding of data warehouses, marketing attribution modeling and standard analytics platforms (ie. Google Analytics, Supermetrics etc.)
- Key knowledge of modern marketing tools for medium-sized B2B companies. Proven track record of implementation inclusive of enablement, integration and ongoing optimization
- Intricate knowledge of full-funnel reporting, lead scoring, intelligence packaging, lead management
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce and Marketo. Familiarity with Terminus, WordPress, Ceros, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, PowerBI, Asana a plus
- Preferred familiarity with Customer Data Platforms (CDPs)
- Proven experience in project management and program improvement, having constructed plans that demonstrate critical marketing paths and task dependencies
At Freeman, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Follow us on social media