At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose and passion, irrespective of their background, gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, our communities and our business.
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering affordable, quick to implement, and designed software for the end-user. More than 60,000 companies – from startups to public companies – worldwide use Freshworks software-as-a-service (SaaS) to enable a better customer experience (CX, CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM)
Job Location: UK, Germany or Netherlands
We’re looking for a Senior Director of Account Management to lead and shape a talented team of Account Managers across Europe and scale our customer expansion motion through our next phase of growth and beyond. This team owns the customer relationship with Freshworks Top Tier European customers, in close partnership with Customer Success. As the Senior Director of Account Management, you will be responsible for achieving world-class Net Revenue Retention by driving the successful renewal, cross-sell and up-sell of our full suite of products and recurring services.
We have a unique market opportunity, so bring your creativity, experience, and sense of urgency to drive account growth, key initiatives, and the team forward. This role reports directly to the European VP of Customer Success & Account Management and works closely with the New Business Sales, Product, Marketing, Partnership, and Professional Services Leadership Teams. You’ll have direct access and support from our General Manager for Europe and Freshworks Executive Leadership Team. There are no egos, just a passionate team working together to solve customer problems, deliver a fantastic experience, and win together. This role is quota carrying and plays an integral role in Freshworks growth plans across the globe.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead the existing 20+ person account management team, including country managers, to execute against strategy, integrate new learnings, and consistently meet targets.
- Work closely with the European Head of Customer Success & Account Management in scaling the overall Customer Expansion organization.
- Set revenue expansion goals & forecast in partnership with revenue operations; Provide ongoing reporting and forecasting for your territory.
- Define best practices, programs, standards, and processes, including territory & account plans, prospecting & self-generated lead creation, and pipeline & opportunity management.
- Develop actionable insights, with a test and learn approach to new initiatives
- Build relationships with decision makers and key influencers in Top Tier customer organizations
- Be an evangelist for the company’s vision and values across the board, including presenting at conferences and events
- Establish strong working relationships with various cross-functional leadership roles and partners to ensure an aligned and effective overall go-to-market strategy
- Act as a role model and cultural ambassador to ensure a great working environment
- Identify, recruit and onboard top talent, continuously providing coaching and best-in-class training and development support for your employees
- Use resources effectively, including MRE, Pre-Sales, Support, Project Managers and Product Marketing Managers to meet your sales goals
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities, including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care
- Consistent visits to Freshworks European offices (London, Paris, Berlin, Utrecht) to regularly connect with teams; Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts when required.
- You have 8+ years of experience in Sales Team Leadership within large, high-growth SaaS organisations with 2+ years of experience as a second line manager. You also have experience in leading Account Management (Farming) Teams.
- Domain. You have experience in building and leading SaaS (CX/ CRM/ ITSM) Sales Teams based in multiple locations in Europe.
- Performer. Consistent achievement/overachievement of team and sales goals.
- Amazing Leader. You have a desire to inspire, develop and lead your teams by example.
- Trusted Advisor. Demonstrated ability to engage at top levels of customer organization and build lasting relationships and mutually beneficial partnership between organizations
- Ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate for customers. And challenge assumptions respectfully and give and receive feedback with grac.
- Missionary. You are a highly motivated person with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency, and a belief in the Freshworks mission. You can go beyond theory to make things happen.
- Excellent Communicator. You know what to say and, more importantly, how and when to say it.
- Go-Getter. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- Fluent in English. Additional language skills are advantageous.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.