We’re GeoComply! We’re a market-leading, hyper-growth technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
Achieving 650% growth in annual revenue over the past three years and dubbed a tech “Unicorn,” we’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people – we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
Are you an organized, resourceful, and collaborative individual with a track record of bringing best practice systems and process to event planning?
Do you have extensive marketing, communications and sales experience that you can bring to all areas of this role?
If you have a love for a mix of collaboration, strategy and marketing execution and thrive in the details, then this position is for you!
As our Marketing Program Events Manager, you will work closely with key stakeholders across all areas of our business to develop and execute our corporate event strategy.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be part of our unfolding story, implementing comprehensive event plans and high-impact activation that move our business forward and drive revenue growth. You’ll be part of a team that values excellence and initiative, driven by results. Therefore, you have seen excellence and have a clear vision of how you will bring this to the team.
This highly collaborative role requires excellent interpersonal skills and the unique ability to understand the value of all aspects of the events we engage in, from impactful speaking opportunities to large-scale tradeshows. You gain respect and autonomy from the outset, are a collaborator at heart, and are adept at working asynchronously with global teams at all levels. Your passion for collaboration and connecting the dots between marketing project execution and events will shine.
You will manage a multitude of tasks, highlight potential roadblocks, and identify dependencies, enabling the team to act fast to reduce impacts on the delivery. You are known for being organized and resourceful and have a track record of successfully managing and moving forward with event plans and marketing projects.
We think this role will speak to you if you have been part of a marketing team in a start-up or fast-growing tech company. Our ideal candidate will be hungry not just to play a part in building a market-leading business but also possess the capabilities and drive to lead processes for our ambitious growth plans.
This person is ideally located in one of GeoComply’s primary North American hubs (Vancouver, Vegas).
- Drive the delivery of global events by liaising closely with stakeholders (sales leadership, government relations, etc) on a strategic event plan and roadmap. This includes conducting research for event opportunities and defining priorities, objectives and execution for chosen events.
- Own end-to-end project management and execution of both small and large-scale tradeshow and event objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, logistics, staff management, booth production, budget tracking, marketing campaigns KPI tracking, content and post mortem.
- Own and manage the events calendar and effectively build event project plans with all dependencies, risks, milestones, and RACI matrix. This includes tracking team progress, finding solutions to challenges and escalating appropriately.
- Develop strategic relationships with industry enablers in the event space to ensure GeoComply maximizes speaking, sponsorship and overall brand awareness opportunities.
- Manage all contracts, vendors, and sponsorships and ensure all activities are aligned with the overall marketing budget. This includes tracking, monitoring, and approving all marketing expenses relative to budget allowance.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure all on-premise opportunities are maximized including the submissions of award entries.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure all off-premise opportunities are fully deployed. This includes but it not limited to blog posts, social media activation and promotion.
- Manage online events such as webinars, video production, and live event recordings.
- Lead update meetings with both the leadership team and those who will be on the ground.
Who You Are
- You have at least 5 years of related event management and marketing. program/project management experience, ideally at a B2B company.
- You have a strong track record of successful event management, see organization and time management as a craft, and the experience to bring best practice to this role.
- You have the ability to align teams ion strategy and SMART goals.
- You are dependable, thorough, organized, and a quick learner.
- You are known for being an exceptional communicator. You have your finger on the pulse of your activities at all times. Whether it is written or verbal, people know what you mean, what you are asking for, and what is expected at all times.
- You can handle, and enjoy a fast paced environment with a multitude of tasks on your plate.
- You are proficient across many technology stacks, including project management software, MS Office Suite, and more.
- You have a genuine interest in people and are motivated to create and maintain strong working relationships. You have a natural ability to establish rapport and trust.
- You know what it means to work effectively with asynchronous global teams.
- You have an undergraduate degree in Event Planning, Marketing, Business, or Communications.
- 92000 – 115000 USD, per-year-salary
This is the typical salary range for this position. The base pay offered may vary depending on a variety of factors including, your qualifications, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
In addition to our competitive salary package, we also offer the following personal and professional development benefits:
- Performance-based bonus and equity plans
- Generous paid vacation and sick days
- Extended health benefits
- Generous training and development allowance
- Charitable and DEI initiatives
- Team-building events
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.