GetThru is looking for a VP of Finance and Operations to be the head of these departments, reporting to the CEO. In this highly strategic role, the VP of Finance and Operations assists the CEO to transition the business from transactional revenue to a SaaS recurring business model. The ideal candidate has experience with key performance metrics for a SaaS business and has participated in funding events and/or M&A. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join a high-growth, driven startup organization.
This is a full-time, exempt position outside of the collective bargaining unit; GetThru is currently negotiating its first collective bargaining agreement with our staff union.
GetThru’s mission is to empower organizations to connect authentically with their audiences at scale while building a sustainable company committed to progressive social change. Our tools have been used by more than 2,000 organizations in Politics, Education, Unions and Non-Profits to send more than 1 billion text messages and over 750 million phone calls. Our customers rely on GetThru for fundraising, polling, and stakeholder engagement. We are an all-remote company with staff spread across the US and Canada. While our roots are in progressive politics, we love partnering with organizations of all kinds that share our passion for creating a better world.
Who you are / who will love this job
You will have an impact: As the VP of Finance and Operations, you will be the leader of our organization’s finance and operations functions. The processes and reporting capabilities you will establish will be critical to the organization’s strategic planning, decision-making and realization of our long-term vision. The capabilities you build will help shape and define our go-to-market and talent strategies as well as position the company for future investment and growth.
What you’ll do
- Advise the CEO, the Board, and other members of the Leadership Team on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, strategic initiatives, and operational improvements.
- Build and lead the Finance and Operations teams.
- Develop, implement, and monitor operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
- Own the P&L, and all other financial reporting including monthly, quarterly and annual close.
- Consult and collaborate with leaders to assess strategy and effectiveness of operations to identify opportunities for improvement and enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency.
- Manage and lead the financial planning and analysis processes, including the short- and long-range planning.
- Manage the fixed and variable costs for the business (headcount, infrastructure).
- Provide ad-hoc financial analyses and anecdote deep-dives that assist decision making by senior leadership.
- Own the organization’s accounting procedures and day-to-day Accounts Payable and compliance.
- Oversee the ongoing development of company policies and processes that are scalable and consistent with our values.
- Own the administration of payroll and benefits, including vacation, health insurance, 401k, and other benefits as appropriate.
- Oversee recruitment and onboarding for staff and contractors.
- Lead cross-functional projects partnering with Sales, Product and Marketing.
What we’re looking for
- Proven (7+ years) relevant finance experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with investment and M&A.
- Deep understanding and ability to report on SaaS business KPI’s.
- Proven ability to build relationships and communicate with peers, direct reports, and executive management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in financial analysis and financial model building.
- Hands-on with ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- The ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with competing deadlines.
- Prior professional experience as a people manager.
- Self starter, who is comfortable with a high degree of autonomy.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
The following skills are nice to have, but are not requirements. If you have any of these skills, please be sure to note them in your cover letter and/or resume:
- Master’s degree in finance, mathematics, accounting, or any other related field.
- Advanced academic degree or professional exam (CPA, CFA or similar).
- Experience overseeing implementation of ERP or accounting systems is a plus.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting.
While experience matters, we care as much about work ethic, creativity, determination, and values alignment.
GetThru is an all-remote company with employees spread out across the country. Work from anywhere in the U.S. with secure and stable internet access.
- $180,000-$220,000 base salary, depending on experience
- Additional compensation as a bonus-eligible position
- Participation in employee stock option pool
- 401K + employer match that begins on or after 3 months of employment
- 100% coverage of employee and dependent health, dental, vision insurance premiums
- 4 weeks of vacation time plus 9 company holidays, 1 floating holiday of your choice, your birthday off and the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day off
- Additional benefits: home office equipment stipend, wellness stipend, professional development stipend, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, charitable giving match
GetThru provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology startups. We believe that a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. And we strive to build a team that reflects the communities we are working to support.
How to Apply
Submit with a resume and brief cover note that explains why you want to work for GetThru. Tell us the causes you are connected to, what experiences make you a good fit, and why you are excited about this job. This position is open until filled.
If you need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) with any part of the job application process, please reach out to [email protected].