Gladly is the radically personal customer service platform for B2C commerce brands. We are the only customer service platform built around people, not cases or tickets. This one-of-a-kind people-centered approach helps B2C brands turn customer service into a loyalty-inducing, revenue-generating competitive advantage. With Gladly, customer service agents have one lifelong, channel-independent conversation with customers and the context to build lasting connection and loyalty. Consumers get a fast and personalized concierge-like service experience using a combination of automation, AI and human agents. We make customer service about customers helped, not about tickets closed; about having conversations, not about managing channels; about building human connections, not about deflecting contacts. Together these capabilities turn agents into support heroes who connect with customers and elevate brands. With Gladly, brands like Allbirds, Bombas, Crate&Barrel, Nordstrom, Ulta Beauty and Warby Parker have grown brand loyalty, added brand promoters and increased customer lifetime value while creating happier, more efficient and empowered customer service teams. Gladly helps commerce brands drive loyalty through customer service.
What You’ll Do
As the leader of Gladly’s Product Marketing Team and a member of the Extended Leadership Team, you will help maximize Gladly’s growth through powerful storytelling and market insights that help our team win. The PMM team does this by successfully taking our products to market, enabling Gladly to establish a strong market presence, and increasing our market share. Reporting to Gladly’s Chief Marketing Officer, you’ll play a critical role in leading the team whose responsible for:
- Understanding current and future Customer Service and Experience market trends to identify opportunities and develop marketing strategies that increase our market presence and share
- Market sizing to understand and quantify our Total Addressable Market (TAM) and validating market potential and opportunities
- Continuing to intentionally expand our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) and keep the GTM and Product teams uniformly focused
- Leading the launch and adoption of Gladly’s products with clear positioning and messaging, go-to-market strategy, and proven marketing tactics
- Conducting competitive research to gather insights on our competition and arm our GTM Teams with competitive intelligence and content that helps them win
- Creating, maintaining and improving enablement assets — including our strategic narrative deck, product demo, RFP template, product roadmap deck and more — that enable our GTM Team to understand product positioning and messaging aligned to our ICP, target market, and buyer personas
- Supporting our GTM Teams to build new high-quality pipeline from multiple sources (incl inbound, outbound, partners, referrals), accelerate existing pipeline, advance sales cycles and win deals where needed
- Performing win/loss analysis and gathering insights on our target market, buyers, and competition through interviews with prospects and customers
- Partnering with our growth marketing and brand marketing teams to find, create and distribute customer stories and other social proof content
- Supporting our communications team in analyst relations
- Packaging and pricing strategy
- 15+ years of elevating career experiences in a combination of Product Marketing, Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing roles with 8+ yrs experience in Product Marketing leadership roles in the Enterprise B2B SaaS market
- A combination of GTM experience that demonstrates technical depth, industry depth, messaging & positioning, as well as excellent stakeholder management, expectation setting, and clear concise communications
- Going out of your way to over-communicate and manage expectations with stakeholders, a natural instinct to put yourself in their shoes
- Proven ability to successfully take new products to market, from ideation to launch
- Experience in building sales tools and training that empowers GTM teams
- Track record of successfully working across the business including Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to execute on critical projects
- A pro at writing simple, compelling content in language that buyers understand
- Data-driven, experience with quantitative analysis including B2B SaaS pricing models
- Depth of experience in strategic narrative frameworks, positioning and messaging
- A master of contextualization — putting the customer and the market in context for Gladly and putting the product in context for the company, our customers and the market
- Creating and delivering compelling presentations to both internal and external audiences
- Sweating the details, but also understanding overarching strategy and objectives
$250,000 to $300,000 per annum OTE (base + variable); equity, and benefits
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Working at Gladly
People are not just at the heart of our product, they’re at the heart of our company.
- We value diverse perspectives and hire new people to enrich our mix, not keep it the same.
- We believe in open communication and share in an inclusive, open culture.
- We have embraced remote work and make it easy for our team to work from anywhere, but we also invest in opportunities to get the teams together in person regularly.
- We learn from each other, and we help each other learn.
- We have a strong work ethic, but value life outside of work, too.
Our focus is on people and that starts with our employees. As an employee you can count on:
- Competitive salaries, stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Home office stipends
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By focusing on customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count Crate and Barrel, Warby Parker and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.
Gladly has made the decision to become a fully distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.