Goose is bringing a next-gen operating system to the pet services industry. Our software helps boarding, daycare, grooming, and training businesses efficiently manage reservations, drive growth, and streamline back-office operations. From booking to back office, pet businesses are powered by Goose.
Our initial product has been met with wild praise and we’ve gathered a significant wave of excitement in anticipation of the launch of our full operating system. Join us as we bring pet service bookings into the modern era (and then some)!
About the role
We are seeking a dynamic and accomplished Head of Marketing to lead our strategic marketing efforts and drive the growth of our organization. As the founding marketer, you will be responsible for crafting and executing comprehensive marketing strategies that elevate our brand presence, expand customer acquisition, and foster customer engagement. As an early employee, you will also have the unique opportunity to work alongside leadership and contribute directly to shaping the company’s growth trajectory and strategic direction.
What will I be doing?
- Design, build, and execute Goose’s marketing strategy in alignment with business goals
- Spearhead the creation and refinement of customer personas, messaging strategies, market positioning, pricing models, and packaging approaches
- Develop and coordinate integrated marketing campaigns across various channels, including search and social.
- Organize and facilitate Marketing Qualified Meetings (i.e. demos) to showcase our offerings and engage potential clients
- Leverage data-driven insights to inform decision-making and optimize marketing initiatives, ensuring maximum impact and ROI
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, communities, and industry influencers to support brand growth and industry recognition.
- Strategically build, train, and oversee a high-performing marketing team to achieve targeted objectives
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 6+ years in a marketing role, ideally product marketing
- Experience building the foundations of a marketing strategy and team from the ground up
- Experience across the marketing stack, particularly in product marketing and growth marketing
- Experience marketing to an audience that is community and influencer driven
- Experience marketing to small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs)
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing channels, including social media, content marketing, SEO, and paid advertising
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Prior experience in pet services or other adjacent industries (i.e. restaurants, gyms, etc.)
- Prior experience with a product that drives growth through community building and engagement
- Prior experience in the realm of customer self-service solutions
What we offer
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance: 90% coverage for employees, 65% coverage for dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): Includes vacation, sick, personal days, and 10 company holidays
- Employer-sponsored 401k access
To apply for this job please visit firstround.notion.site.