We are hiring someone to create and lead our growth team and the acquisition strategy for the most immersive and powerful data tool for data scientists. Remote or Madrid.
Who are we looking for?
- Previous experience in 0 to 1 phase doing growth in a startup – Acquiring users in the early days of a startup requires an experimental and creative mindset. We are not looking for a perfect recipe to follow, but rather an experimental mentality to iterate fast with trial and error to create the right strategy for a product like Graphext.
- Experience with technical content (docs, video, webinars) – We believe a content strategy will be key in the early days; it would be great if you have experience working with content creators and share our taste in quality. We would like to bet a lot on video.
- Experience creating or managing communities – We really admire how Supabase, Notion, DBT, or Prisma nurture their communities. We already have a good community, but mostly from Spain. It’s time to grow it in the US.
- Experienced in PLG go-to-market for prosumers in B2B – We chose Product Led Growth (we explain later why); it would be great if you have already worked at a company with this particular go-to-market approach.
- You have some experience with SEO and SEM.
Extra points if you…
- Aware of the US data analytics community – You already follow data influencers’ newsletters, Youtuber, Linkedin, or Twitter accounts, or podcasts, and you know relevant data conferences from this lists: Data and AI Media. Check out our Product Positioning to learn more about Ideal Customer Profile.
- Some experience with E-mail marketing and tools like Customer.io
- You have experience with PR communications.
- You have used product analytics tools like Mixpanel, Amplitude, Tableau, or Power BI…
- Knowledge about no-code tools such as Notion, Webflow, Airtable, Zapier or Make…
- You have experience using CRMs like Hubspot.
- You had started a company before or made some big side project in your free time.
🎳 Who are you going to work with?
You will mainly work with Victoriano, CEO, and co-founder, who is also the person that currently does most of these tasks in Graphext. He is excited to hire someone to take this to the next level finally.
We are also opening another position for a content creator and we expect to keep growing this team in the coming months.
You will also be very close to the business team (Andrés, our new COO) and product team ( Álvaro, our PM)
We are now around 20 people on the team that you will also meet and interact with, most of them developers.
📦 What do we do at Graphext?
We develop software for people who studied business, economics, biology, psychology, engineering, and journalism… to enable them to do advanced data analytics without knowing how to write code for those creative people that find Excel and current business intelligence tools (like Tableau or Power BI) too limited.
We allow them to run analyses that are more “predictive” and “prescriptive” than descriptive, with the same power of analysis as if they had studied Maths or Computer Science and knew how to write code in Python or R… for more than 50 different use cases that we have identified so far… from developing new drugs, to understand why some crimes are growing o why the employees of a company are leaving.
Current data science tools demand learning to code in Python or R (which takes years until someone is fluid enough). These tools don’t guide you either. Don’t help you discover what methods and techniques are appropriate for different kinds of analysis (data cleaning, enrichment, modeling) to solve many business problems. These tools aren’t very interactive (you need a quick feedback loop to understand what you are doing), and you can only work with structured data (numerical and categorical data). They miss all the possibilities we now have to analyze texts and images thanks to AI’s latest advancements.
What does the product look like?
Go and check our web to see how the product works.
On our Youtube channel, you will find more detailed videos.
We also regularly post more examples on our Twitter and Blog.
How is this company doing?
Graphext actually started at the beginning of 2014. The two co-founders, Victoriano and Miguel, spent the first years building another product that inspired them to later, in 2017, raise money from venture capital ( Kfund is our main investor ) to build Graphext. Up to this date, the company has received over 3M euros in funding, and we expect to announce pretty soon a new one 😉
At the same time, we also keep growing our revenue as we sign more and more customers every month.
🕰 Where, when, and how
- We do have a very nice office in central Madrid, plenty of light, two terraces, and a BBQ 🙂 If you happen to live in Madrid, you can come anytime. We are a global remote company by default, and we usually bring to Madrid all the people working remotely once a quarter for an entire week.
- We are really flexible about how you administrate your time.
- Really flexible about your vacations too. Just coordination with the rest of the team is required.
- You will choose the machine which you would like to work on. Most of us are using Macbook Pro or MacBook Air. You will decide if you prefer Windows rather than macOS.
🏺Our core values
- Our culture is based on responsibility. We are still a small company, and we don’t want to have more managers and individual contributors, so we focus on hiring people we expect to trust without supervising all the time, with a high intrinsic motivation to keep growing as a professional.
- We like honestyand transparency. We believe most big issues arise as small misunderstandings and lack of communication erode trust for not having enough information to understand decisions.
- We really do our best to create an environment where people can speak freely, being authenticand empathic at the same time with all their peers.
- We try to have as few meetingsas possible.
- Even though we are a startup, we play a long game,and we care to avoid burnout. If you want or need to work many hours one day because you had flow, you were inspired, or there was an emergency, you will work less the following day. You are not gonna be sprinting for weeks.
- We have a global mindset. Even though most team members are Spanish, we are open to hiring anybody from anywhere. We make sure people are comfortable communicating in English. Everything is documented and reported in English.
To apply for this job please visit www.graphext.com.
Follow us on social media