Symmetry Software is now part of Gusto. Symmetry is the payroll infrastructure for software & payroll platforms powering the paychecks of over 64 million workers each year. Our fully integrated suite of payroll tax APIs and software tools allows companies to solve tax compliance issues and build applications across the entirety of the payroll process.
About the Role
As an Account Executive, you will collaborate with our Marketing and Client Success teams to pursue and close new business opportunities and drive revenue within our sales prospects.
You will have direct impact on Symmetry’s ability to deliver our payroll tax tools in pursuit of our vision to touch every American paycheck with accurate withholding. A focus on solving client’s pain points and providing them with the best solution for their needs is essential.
You’ll be a part of the team driving Symmetry’s growth. By focusing on finding prospects and developing and building strong, long-lasting relationships with companies that use Symmetry Software technology, you’ll be ensuring that workers get paid accurately every payday.
If you have a passion for consultative sales, a collaborative spirit of engagement, and a passion for SAAS payroll products, you may be a great fit for Symmetry Software.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Attract and develop relationships with prospective new accounts and seek business expansion opportunities with current clients.
- Develop a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through direct and indirect customer contact and prospecting.
- Communicate regularly with current and prospective clients to discover their needs, answer questions, and find solutions to their challenges.
- Prepare and deliver targeted presentations of Symmetry’s products and services, selling value as well as technical features.
- Keep a pulse on competitive offerings and clearly communicate Symmetry Software points of differentiation.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of Symmetry’s products and services and how they meet clients’ varying use cases.
- Coordinate with engineering and software support to address clients’ needs throughout the sales process.
- Track activities and sales touch points in our CRM and update client profiles for broader company awareness.
- Network within the payroll and HCM industry as a Symmetry Software representative.
- Actively increase knowledge about the payroll and human resource industries and about Symmetry products and services.
- Respond to requests for proposals and general prospective client requests.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience actively managing a full pipeline of prospects and moving leads through the sales pipeline.
- A strong track record of closing enterprise-level deals and exceeding quota.
- Strong history of prospecting and cultivating new leads and prospects.
- Significant experience in customer-facing roles and general account management.
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills.
- Minimum of five years of experience in consultative sales or similar role in payroll or HCM technology firms
Required Skills & Mindsets:
- Technical experience with REST APIs, XML/JSON, and/or development languages.
- Outstanding listener: to the prospect, client, and other Symmetry teammates.
- Excellent facilitator with a comfort leading group discussions towards desired outcomes.
- Excellent influencer with an ability to communicate with empathy with both technical and non-technical prospects, clients, and Symmetry Software employees.
- Team orientation and eagerness to collaborate on challenges, share best practices, and learn from other members of the sales, marketing, and client success teams.
- Strong detail orientation and ability to handle a large volume of sales activity and many moving parts at one time.
- Fast learner eager to self-study and seek out resources.
- Passion for using technology to keep records, research, and communication trails with an understanding of the importance of clean data.
- Self-motivation and self-management skills.
- Organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Mathematical aptitude including data analysis skills, both qualitative and quantitative, in order to draw insights that lead to action.
- Content and social media savvy.
- Flexibility and eagerness to try new approaches, continuously learn and develop, and adapt to challenges.
- Experience with Postman and SOAPUI for product demonstrations.
- Experience in the payroll industry—selling, consulting, processing, etc.
- Channel and/or partner sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted between $152,000 – $220,000 OTE in Scottsdale and most remote locations, and $210,000- $270,000 in San Francisco and New York. OTE = on target earnings which includes both base salary and variable commission with a 50/50 split between base salary (50%) and variable commission (50%). Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit app.joinrise.co.