We are seeking a Specialist to drive event execution from inception to completion in to promote Harvard Business School (HBS) faculty thought leadership and our comprehensive Executive Education program portfolio. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Marketing & Loyalty, you will work collaboratively across our marketing, sales, and program teams to design and execute events that leverage our core values via virtual, in-person, and hybrid events.
- Create, manage, and execute an annual event plan
- Develop event proposals that meet stated objectives and obtain consensus from marketing, sales, and program teams
- Develop strong relationships with regional sales and program teams, communicating regular updates on new and existing events and providing regular reporting updates on past events
- Work closely with HBS faculty on their topic, pre-event planning, delivery, and post-event follow-up
- Manage the day-to-day planning and execution of virtual, in-person, and hybrid events and select industry conferences, including pre-and post-event communications and attendee management
- Partner with the marketing technology team to create event campaigns in Sales Cloud as well as test and approve event journeys via Marketing Cloud.
- Work closely with IT on the development of system improvements as needed.
- Liaise with HBS IT as needed for additional technology support of virtual events.
- Use meaningful data to improve the effectiveness of events; perform data cleanup in sales cloud Track invoices in budget
- Reconcile budget monthly
- Provide regular updates on reports and dashboards to the teams
- Negotiate and execute contracts for in-person events as needed
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- This role is responsible for other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- 5+ years of experience in customer service-oriented, sales, marketing, and/or administrative support role(s) is required
- Education beyond high school may count toward experience
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) experience is a must
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with event planning, while also demonstrating operational and logistical expertise in a marketing/corporate events role for in-person, virtual, and hybrid formats.
- Exceptional cross-organization/cross-functional project management and collaboration skills.
- The ideal candidate will be managing multiple work streams for each event such as faculty communication, event invitation process, team communication, logistics, and attendee experience.
- Ability to set and drive event criteria or requirements across multiple functional areas, with specific attention to our sales team.
- Ability to work closely with HBS faculty on event messaging and logistics
- Experience with CRMs, preferably Salesforce tools, including Sales Cloud as well as project management collaboration tools (e.g. Trello)
- Knowledge of community events platforms (e.g. Bevy, Vimeo)
- Dedicated to promoting diversity, inclusion, and belonging in Executive Education and across HBS
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Detail-oriented, and team-oriented while knowing how to prioritize effectively
- Budget management skills to forecast, manage, and reconcile budgets
Must be able to work early mornings and evenings, as required based on event schedules
This role is offered as a hybrid (some combination of onsite and remote) where you are required to be onsite at our Boston, MA based campus 2-3 days per week. Specific days and schedule will be determined between you and your manager.
We may conduct candidate interviews virtually (phone and/or via Zoom) and/or in-person for this role.
Harvard University continues to place the highest priority on the health, safety and wellbeing of its faculty, staff, and students, as well as the wider community. Please note that all new employees will be required to provide confirmation of primary series COVID-19 vaccination upon hire, as detailed on our COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Webpage. Harvard University Health Services employees and other health care individuals are also required to be up to date on vaccination as described by the CDC. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. Additional information regarding this requirement, exemptions, verification of vaccination status, and other related policies and resources may be found on the University’s COVID-19 Information Website.
A cover letter is required to be considered for this opportunity.
Harvard Business School will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Culture of Inclusion: The work and well-being of HBS is profoundly strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and life experiences. Explore more about HBS work culture here https://www.hbs.edu/employment.
Salary Grade: 055
Union: 55 – Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.