Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform. More than 1,800 customers, including Atlassian, Chick-fil-A, Marks & Spencer, NBCUniversal, PayPal, Shopify, and Under Armour rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. With Amplitude, teams can understand what product features are working, where users are getting stuck, and what actions lead to the right outcomes. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
About The Role & Team
We are looking for an analytical, process-oriented and data-driven pricing leader to join the team. You will own pricing and packaging initiatives from conception through launch, and will monitor results post-launch to validate desired outcomes. You will be a good fit if you enjoy digging deep into data, excel in problem solving and have demonstrated success in managing pricing and packaging projects. You will gather feedback from customers, field teams, and work closely with revenue, product and operations teams to optimize our pricing and packaging. This role will report directly to the VP of Business Operations and Corporate Development
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance and CS leadership to determine and execute strategic pricing initiatives
- Identify and execute new packaging, bundling opportunities, and pricing models to simplify sales motion and increase platform penetration
- Drive quantitative pricing & customer/competitor research, including conjoint studies, economic value drivers and customer value perception interviews
- Lead appropriate data analysis and experimentation to support pricing and packaging decisions
- Effectively communicate pricing and packaging recommendations to senior leadership through synthesis of quantitative models with qualitative feedback from customers
- 8+ years experience at a top-tier management consulting firm and/or technology experience in strategy, pricing, and/or product
- History of leading pricing teams in either a professional services or industry capacity
- Understanding in B2B SaaS business models and sales organizations
- Experience running pricing research including conjoint and other direct pricing studies
- Excellent analytical skills to frame and solve complex problems
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Technically proficient: SQL, Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint, Tableau
- Excited about Amplitude’s product and mission
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital analytics platform – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- G2: #1 product analytics solution and #3 best software product
- Business Insider: A top tech company to bet your career on
- Fast Company: #3 most innovative enterprise company in the world
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, and employees around the world.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.