We are a very profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup—a small and mighty team of 165 helping people find and enroll in ACA health coverage. We are the largest ACA enrollment platform, after healthcare.gov, having helped over 15 million people enroll in health coverage. We’re a mission-driven team who advocates for and cares deeply about the people we serve.
We’re a double bottom-line company: revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans and we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will help hundreds of thousands of people navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and enable them to access health care when they need it.
We are committed to building a team balanced in representation to best serve the people who use our products. We believe in creating inclusive and equitable spaces, which build trust and respect and foster a sense of belonging. These values are at the core of our culture, and we genuinely believe they will continue to lead our organization to successful outcomes.
About the Role
HealthSherpa has historically grown through word-of-mouth, with 80% of our 45,000-member agent base coming through organically. To help us achieve our next growth phase, you will build the marketing team and processes needed to support us in hitting our revenue and enrollment goals.
This is a collaborative role that encompasses all fields of marketing, including product marketing, digital marketing, brand, content, communications/PR, and more. Success will be measured by your impact on revenue and enrollment goals and growing participants on both sides of our B2B marketplace.
This is a remote position reporting to the CEO/Cofounder and serves as a member of our executive team. The base salary for this role is $220,000 – $270,000, depending on experience.
- Communicate HealthSherpa’s value proposition to our B2B marketplace (insurance carriers on the supply side and insurance brokers on the demand side)
- Develop strategies to build our brand reputation as an industry leader and thought expert
- Collaborate with sales and product teams to build go-to-market plans that support new product offerings and grow carrier penetration
- Be responsible for employing growth marketing tactics to grow and retain our network of 45,000 agents
- Serve as a partner to company leadership and the executive committee in developing company strategy
- Partner across teams to define their marketing needs and prioritize resources to address those needs
- Audit the existing marketing technology stack and make recommendations on the best tools to use long-term
- Manage a small team of marketers (starting with one product marketer and hiring additional people as needed)
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, with an emphasis on enterprise-level B2B product marketing
- 3+ years of experience in management and building high-performing marketing teams
- Deep experience developing product positioning, messaging, targeting, and channel strategies for early-stage B2B products
- Experience working in an analytical, data-driven environment
- A get-stuff-done mindset and willingness to contribute as an IC to accomplish your goals
- A genuine interest in helping people gain access to health coverage
- Multi-sided marketplace experience (Bonus)
- Startup experience (Bonus)
What We Offer:
- Remote-first company (US-based remote only)
- Great compensation package at a high-growth, profitable company
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- Monthly grocery stipend and home internet reimbursement
- 401K w/ a match after a grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to paid holidays
- Home office budget for remote team members
- Disability insurance
We’re building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities, and perspectives to apply. We are an equal-opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa!