As the HearstLab Growth Marketing Manager your primary goal is to support, strengthen, and scale the presence of both HearstLab and its portfolio companies. Your role will be based at the Hearst Tower in New York City.
You will be a member of the HearstLab team that scouts for startups, conducts due diligence, makes investment recommendations, and supports and advises our growing portfolio (58 at last count!).
You will partner closely with the HearstLab Branding & Design Manager to establish, refine, and execute campaigns across multiple platforms. Specifically, you will help develop marketing programs for our diverse range of early-stage portfolio companies that create demand and accelerate sales opportunities.
- Work with a platform democratizing legal access to improve the SEO on their blog content and to optimize their paid search strategy to reach potential customers
- Strategize, experiment, and execute consumer growth marketing plan for B2B2C local marketplace changing the game for household businesses incl. leveraging a range of in-person & digital tactics (mailers, billboards, newspaper coverage)
- Advise B2B healthcare company on email campaign strategy & analytics
- A/B test “one liners”
- Refine personas…
Your top goal is to help our businesses scale fast by leveraging a range of digital marketing strategies—encompassing SEO optimization, content marketing, paid advertising and more.
You will also work closely with the HearstLab leadership team to oversee all external marketing and thought leadership for Lab. This includes content strategy (Social Media, Newsletter, Blog) and supporting key networking events with investors and founders alongside our Community Manager.
Your role includes a unique opportunity to build and support relationships across Hearst’s 360+ businesses including major media outlets (e.g. Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, A&E, SF Chronicle) to scale visibility for HearstLab and its portfolio companies/founders.
This role will report to the Senior Director of HearstLab.
- You have a genuine passion for our mission to support women-led startups and for tech businesses.
- You have proven experience building & managing SEO/SEM, email, and social media advertising campaigns that engage and convert across a range of industries & business models (B2B, B2B2C, D2C)
- You have experience using industry standard marketing & CRM tools (e.g. Hubspot, Apollo.io, ClickUp, Salesforce)
- You have solid knowledge of website & ad analytics
- You are skilled in experimentation & love making data-driven decisions
- You are detail oriented, naturally curious, & highly creative
- You are agile and eager to support both strategy & execution
- You love to beat the deadline
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- You’re excited to work in our NYC office and are available ASAP!
What we offer:
- An amazing learning experience in a fast-moving environment with a team focused on supporting and investing in women-led startups
- A dynamic and diverse team including fellows specializing in business development, UX/UI design, engineering, financial analysis and marketing, as well as with the HearstLab leadership team focused on growing the Lab and supporting our startups
- The opportunity to rapidly expand your network of entrepreneurs, investors, Scouts (women leaders at Hearst) and others in the startup ecosystem
HearstLab is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace diversity in race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, and age.
In accordance with applicable law, Hearst is required to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role if hired in New York City. The reasonable estimate, if hired in New York City, is $50-$100 per hour with the amount of hours per week still being determined. Please note this information is specific to those hired in New York City. If this role is open to candidates outside of New York City, the salary range would be aligned to that specific location. A final decision on the successful candidate’s starting salary will be based on a number of permissible, non-discriminatory factors, including but not limited to skills and experience, training, certifications, and education. Hearst provides a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off, employee assistance programs, and more.
This role is also eligible for a competitive beneﬁts package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; ﬂexible spending savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; employee assistance program; and other company beneﬁts.
To apply for this job please visit app.collabwork.com.
Follow us on social media