Inspired by the innovation and hustle of the startup scene and our love for connecting with great people, HigherPeople was created to facilitate hiring with a 360 take on the process. We help companies succeed by finding best-in-class talent, up-skilling top employees, and strategizing to retain amazing teams. We’re also a resource hub for the community. We’re here to support job seekers as they navigate their next role, negotiate a new salary, or level up their skill-set.
From early-stage startups to Fortune 500 companies, we partner with organizations and teams of all sizes to meet the full spectrum of talent development needs.
HigherPeople officially launched in February 2022. Eight months in we are now on track to make $1.4 million year one and we have an exceptional team of 5 who are making that happen. We also have some incredibly notable clients including Galvanize, App Academy, Age of Learning, IronHack, Emeritus, MongoDB, eRezLife and more. Our NPS on both candidate and client experience is 95 and we take pride in creating an exceptional hiring experience.
About Our Team
This role will be based remotely in the U.S.! We have a team of 5 including Katy, the CEO & Founder, Alex Nelson, our Head of Operations, Briana Chenkin, our Head of Community, and 2 incredible recruiters, Seth and Jackie.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking a Head of Business Development to increase company revenue by identifying profitable business opportunities and help us develop long-term business growth strategies. As the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for driving new recruiting business, in addition to helping us build the enterprise sales strategy for the Reskill & Retain side of our business. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, global environment, and is excited to talk to companies about how to better Recruit, Reskill, and Retain their teams.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead effort to sell recruiting services to start-up leaders to double recruiting revenue in 2023
- Refine Recruit value prop and target market
- Develop a deep understanding of B2B customer needs, which will inform the Recruit & Reskill product roadmap
- Build comprehensive persona of target buyers, their relevant pain points and how to find and engage them
- Creates personalized outbound sales strategy to identify, find, and close new business
- Design, source and conduct customer discovery meetings
- Develop MVP of sales deck and other sales assets that maximize conversion
- Define sales process/funnel and track via CRM to give visibility into the sales pipeline and enable forecasting
- Gather feedback, create a positive experience, drive customer success, and meet renewal targets
- Opportunity to build a team over time
What You’ll Need to Bring
- 5+ years experience in B2B sales or recruiting sales as the first sales hire and ideally with a proven track record of launching a product and scaling it to a multi-million dollar run-rate
- Facility with key product marketing disciplines (developing customer insights, data analysis, pricing strategy, product validation, positioning and market testing)
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to build growth GTM strategy and operations from scratch in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Phenomenal teammate with ability to establish relationships with senior decision-makers and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience in a high growth startup is a plus
- 100% Health Care Coverage (medical, dental, Vision)
- Professional Development Allowance
- Conference/Event Allowance
- Unlimited PTO, required 10 days + company holidays
- Annual Company Offsite
- Coworking space or travel stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.