Do you have a knack for uncovering customer needs? And know how to use customer insights to shape product and marketing strategies? Are you a messaging and positioning wizard able to translate product capabilities into business value for customers? Can you work your magic to create impactful go-to-market strategies based on market research? And more importantly, are you excited to bring enormous value in a fast-growing, e-learning company? AIHR is seeking a stellar Product Marketing Manager. Join us to empower and upskill 100,000 HR professionals through innovative online education.
Founded in 2016 with the mission to future-proof HR, the Academy to Innovate HR (AIHR) has become the world’s market leader in online training for human resources professionals. We have a global customer base spread across 140+ countries, amongst which companies like Unilever, Reckitt, Goldman Sachs, Philips, Deloitte, Nike, Heineken, and UBS. It is our goal to continuously educate 100,000 HR Professionals by the year 2025.
We are an international team of 75+ people, driven by excellence, innovation, and a hunger to grow in everything we do. As such, we strive to provide the world’s best courses and excellent support to our customers while continuously optimizing every aspect of our work. With over 30 nationalities, our team is diverse, yet we all share a few traits: we’re friendly, enthusiastic, and great team players.
AIHR is one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe, so working at AIHR means taking on a lot of responsibility, getting countless opportunities to develop yourself in new areas and craft your own role.
Role and Responsibilities
You will join our Product Marketing team to take on the challenge of shaping our go-to-market approach and helping our Content, Marketing, Sales and Tech teams make customer-centric decisions. You will be influential in informing product roadmaps, conducting competitive analysis and customer research, determining positioning, and launching new offerings. You will create compelling, insight-led positioning and messaging, develop and deliver impactful go-to-market strategies, and champion customers throughout the product development process.
You will be part of the Marketing team, reporting to the Head of Product Marketing, Silvia, and work cross-functionally with our Content, Marketing, Sales, Tech, Revenue Operations and Support teams.
What you’ll do:
- Independently conduct primary and secondary market research to support customer-centric decision making;
- Represent the voice of the customer, structuring and prioritizing feedback and providing insights and recommendations with strong business acumen;
- Partner with Content and Tech teams to inform roadmaps, test and validate ideas;
- Own go-to-market end-to-end (from strategy, planning, and execution to monitoring and reporting), while testing, learning, and adjusting plans where needed;
- Develop insight-led, differentiated positioning that translates the capabilities of our product into business value for AIHR’s customers;
- Define the value proposition, identify personas, and develop compelling messaging from a customer-centric perspective, especially for our B2B audience;
- Define the right channels for launch, enabling Sales, Marketing, and Support teams where needed;
- Own internal communication to inform and activate the right teams at the right time.
About our product
At AIHR, we offer world-class training for HR professionals. Our Content team creates online courses, but we aim to deliver an immersive learning experience. As such, our offering includes courses, interactive case studies, ready-to-use guides and templates, a learning community buzzing with online events, workshops and micro-lessons, plus coaching services. It is a digital product, but unlike most SaaS products, it’s content-heavy.
We’re also at an exciting time, with plans to launch our own Learning Management System (LMS) developed by our Tech team in the upcoming months. This will give us the autonomy to shape and enhance our learner’s experience by optimizing their journey and connecting our offerings into an integrated proposition. We’re excited to get our hands dirty on data and analytics to deepen our knowledge of our customers to create a platform that people love to use.
As a Product Marketing Manager at AIHR, your role would be to determine what skills customers want to develop, in which format they want to learn, what part of the offering they value the most, and use these insights to influence our content and tech roadmap. At the same time, you’ll work with the marketing team to improve our messaging and positioning around our offering and create go-to-market strategies.
On a typical week…
You start your Monday by grabbing a coffee while preparing for the weekly marketing team standup. You have already prioritized your projects for the upcoming week and are eager to jump in.
Afterwards, you meet up with Marijn, our VP of Tech, to brainstorm ideas on how to improve our learners’ experience on our platform. Together, Marijn and you formulate hypotheses about customer needs and potential solutions, and determine the best research approach to validate these hypotheses with customers.
Before starting your afternoon, you join your colleagues in the office lounge for a nice healthy lunch prepared by our chef Rik. After lunch, you’ll be conducting a research call with a B2B learner. You’re investigating whether learners who were required by their managers to take our courses have different needs than those who enrolled and paid on their own. After the call, you review your notes and document the insights to share with the Content, Sales and Tech teams.
Your last meeting of the day is a cross-functional meeting with the Content, Marketing, Sales, and Support teams. We’re planning to launch a new Certificate Program so the Content team will walk us through the why and what. You facilitate the second half of the meeting, collecting input on timelines, requirements, and dependencies from each channel.
On Tuesday you work from home to do some focused work for this new Certificate Program. A few months back, you collaborated with the Content team to draft a document detailing the target audience, competitive analysis, keyword research, and high-level positioning before development of the Certificate Program started. Now you want to revisit that document to fine-tune it and draft a proposal for the channel strategy and go-to-market plan. This will be your discussion point in the upcoming meeting. In the meantime, you follow up on yesterday’s meeting to make sure that all teams are properly informed, and highlight any issues that you foresee.
On Friday, you prepare for your regular check-in with Simona, our VP of Marketing, and Silvia. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss the progress of your projects and bring attention to any obstacles or challenges that require their input and support. After a productive and busy week, you’re happy to close your laptop and join your team and the other departments for the Monthly Wrap Up, followed by drinks in a surprise location.
Who you are
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketer with a hunger to take initiative and make an impact. You are a highly motivated, data-driven, and customer-centric self-starter, with business knowledge, excellent communication and marketing skills, and strong organizational and project management capabilities.
- 5+ years of Product Marketing experience, ideally including both B2B SaaS and B2C experience;
- Track record of working cross-functionally across Marketing, Content, and Tech teams;
- Ability to plan, launch and execute customer research independently, with a general understanding of research methodologies and their execution;
- Ability to develop, validate, and refine value propositions, positioning, and key messaging;
- Customer-centric mindset with an understanding of how to use data and research, and translate them into meaningful, actionable recommendations;
- Analytical mindset, thinking through complex problems to find effective solutions and connecting the dots from different pieces of information;
- Ability to build integrated marketing strategies, choosing the right channels to bring products to market;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A key role in a fast-growing scale-up company, as part of a valued and small Product Marketing team;
- A meaningful contribution to the professional development of tens of thousands of Human Resource professionals from all over the world;
- Competitive compensation
- The opportunity to shape your own day-to-day work;
- Regular growth talks and support to reach your career goals;
- Flexible working hours & working from home arrangements
- A high degree of autonomy in a vibrant, result-driven, inclusive, and international team;
- A beautiful office right across Rotterdam Central Station (Milleniumtower);
- 26 paid holidays per year, + you can exchange any 2 bank holiday days for 2 other days of your choice;
- Pension plan;
- Access to OpenUp mental health platform;
- Personal development budget, training, and we pay for the books you read!
- All public transport expenses covered (NS Business Card);
- MacBook + all other equipment you need to do your work;
- Daily lunch prepared by a chef, weekly drinks, monthly dinners, and fun team activities;
- Free access to the Marriott hotel gym.
Apply for the job
Are you excited to become our Product Marketing Manager? Then we’d love to hear from you! We are looking to hire for this role as soon as we find an eligible candidate.
P.S. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women tend to only apply when they meet 100% of them. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point above, please still apply. We’d love to consider you and see if you could be a great fit.
To apply for this job please visit aihr.homerun.co.