Hummingbirds helps brands discover and work with hyper-local content creators and social media enthusiasts to drive growth. We are currently in 14 cities and plan to expand our markets by at least 2x in the next year.
We are hiring a head of marketing to lead our marketing strategy and execution. We target small & medium-sized businesses with a physical location. We’ve seen great traction since our founding with 80+ businesses and thousands of hummingbirds as part of our community.
As we look to our next phase of growth, we need a marketing leader who can help us build awareness for our product as we launch in more cities and communities. We have a top-down sales motion today, but plan to add a PLG motion mid-next year. We’ve built a community-focused brand that focuses on local communities and the positive impact we can have in driving growth for place-based businesses, whether it’s enterprise grocery stores or the beloved performing arts organizations with new shows every month. Our marketing leader and strategy should reflect our brand values.
- Marketing strategy: Set goals, plan, and prioritize across all areas of marketing.
- Marketing team management & hiring: Manage the current marketing team of 1, plan for future hiring, and hire marketers who are passionate about driving growth and telling our story.
- Execute marketing plans: Do the work to support the team and our goals.
- Cross-functional leader: Collaborate on strategy across the company, be the voice of the customer, provide the marketing perspective, and serve as the liaison between product and GTM functions.
- Ability to build out the marketing function: We do not have all of our tools, processes, and workflows built out yet. You will need to help build this out, figure out what works, and test and scale. We do have Hubspot in place.
- Product Marketing: Gain a deep understanding of our audience, develop our positioning and messaging, and communicate about the product and its benefits to our audience.
- Growth Marketing: Launch, track, and optimize programs/campaigns across multiple channels to move prospects and customers down the funnel.
- Content Marketing: Work with current Director of Content Marketing to oversee the content calendar and tell the story of our brand and company in order to engage prospects, customers, candidates, and partners.
- Brand: Collaborate on the company story and vision with the founding team and make sure our communications add value to our audience and maintain a high quality bar.
- Partnerships & Customer Marketing: Develop relationships with partners and customers that help us achieve goals
- KPIs: Manage the marketing budget, ensure we are operating efficiently, and meeting metrics goals.
- 7+ years of experience in marketing, including at SaaS companies that target SMBs and mid-market customers with a hybrid GTM motion.
- Experience hiring marketers and managing them effectively.
- Breadth in all areas of marketing, depth in product marketing and growth marketing.
- High quality bar. You’ve developed marketing strategies and tactics that put the customer first and understand how to hit revenue goals at the same time.
- Scrappiness and experimentation mindset. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, since we are still an early-stage company.
- You know how to balance short-term goals and long-term goals.
- You have recommendations for tools, contractors, etc to build out the foundation of a marketing team that can scale effectively.
- Motivated by our vision to help local communities thrive.
- Salary range: $140-170k
- Stock options
- Health insurance
- Fully remote
- Unlimited PTO
Please apply by emailing [email protected] with your resume and why you’re the right fit for the role.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.