The Director of Sales is a newly created role at ISE to organize our Business Development team and take the department into a cohesive direction to grow its capabilities, increase sales, expand current client deals, and drive strategic initiatives throughout the company. The department has evolved tremendously in recent years, and we now have a need for a dedicated sales team under the leadership of an experienced Director. The pay structure of this role is a base salary + commission incentives.
The Business Development team is a group of talented and ambitious individuals who will benefit from leadership who can help set department goals, individuals set goals, help the team work together in achieving the goals and then build tools for accountability and follow through into the teams processes, helping the team be more effective at their mission.
This role is not just about people management, it brings heavy insight about the market, buyers, and what KPIs we will use to measure success. ISE has a lot of available resources for providing support and content. We need a leader who can identify and utilize these available resources, as well as increase efficiency of these resources. Finally, we also need someone who is also willing to put in the work alongside the team and lead through example – be willing to get their hands dirty and move the department forward and grow revenue.
This is a hybrid role with the expectation that that person in this position would be available to work from the Baltimore, MD office 2-3 times a week for meetings with the CEO.
What you’ll do at ISE:
- Develop and lead a team of sales professionals for cybersecurity services
- Analyze ISE’s existing resources and gaps in those resources
- Understand and implement additional resources as needed
- Establish strategic initiatives for outbound sales efforts
- Take a balanced approach between new business and existing client expansion
- Collaborate across teams to accomplish deliverables and expand the business
- Meet and/or exceed quota established for quarterly and annual goals as an individual and lead direct reports to do the same
- Keep up to date on industry trends and provide competitive analysis to optimize strategies for growth
What you bring to the table:
- Knowledge of information security concepts with a continued willingness to learn and grow
- Proven leadership skills in growing salespeople, educating business leaders, and driving cross functional initiatives
- Growth mindset
- Motivated by collaborating with others, problem solving with team members and clients, and forming strong business relationships
- Understanding how to turn various inbound lead sources into sales qualified leads
- Leveraging onsite events/conferences to build relationships and gather leads
- Evaluating and reshaping a sales organization with the existing teams help and buy in
- Grown revenue through increased sales commitments year over year consist
- Understanding of sales-based compensation plans
- 10+ years of experience in business development
- 5+ years of proven sales leadership experience
- 2+ years of recent experience selling services for cybersecurity
- Guiding social media marketing efforts to generate inbound sales leads
- Base Salary Range: $150,000 – $200,000, according to experience
- Commission Plan: To Be Determined
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
What we bring to the table:
- Work that matters; projects that impact people’s everyday life and wellbeing
- Quality, integrity, dedication, and education: our core values
- Life balance: flexible schedule, work from home options, unlimited vacation
- $0 health premium plan option, including spouse and family
- Opportunities to research and publish, speak at major security events and conferences
- Leadership and peers that support and mentor you: your growth is our growth, your success is our success
- Relaxed and fun environment: ditch the suit and tie, we’re going bowling later anyway, sit or stand at your desk or find a sofa
How you’ll learn at ISE:
Everyone has a mentor, or two or three sometimes. We hold you and ourselves accountable for your advancement. You’ll learn directly from your mentor, your colleagues, resources vetted by the team, and at regular firetalk lunches by your peers. You also have access to paid training, workshops, university courses, certification courses, and we’ll pay for the certs too. Want to learn a new skill that you aren’t currently using but want to? Great! Innovation is key–new technology is important.
To apply for this job please visit www.ise.io.
Follow us on social media