InnoVint is a growing software company offering the wine industry’s leading wine production software solution.
Our cloud-based and mobile-driven platform empowers wineries with intuitive workflows to manage winegrowing operations, governmental compliance, and inventory COGS tracking. From block to bottle, InnoVint is modern winemaking reimagined!
Watch this 5-minute video for a quick overview of the InnoVint platform in action.
InnoVint has experienced healthy year-over-year growth as an established software company with an excellent reputation. Most of our customers come by way of referral from other happy customers. With more marketing horsepower we know we can grow even faster, and as such, we’re hiring a Director of Marketing. When you join InnoVint, you’ll create and own the marketing strategy, develop budgets, establish initiatives that increase brand exposure, set qualified lead goals and growth targets, and drive inbound interest. You deeply understand our wine producing audience and have creative ideas on how to authentically connect with them and earn their trust. You love hosting events, and are excited to highlight our team on-the-road in winegrowing regions by creating fun, educational content that showcase our knowledge and leadership in winery operations and management. You’ll oversee our Growth Marketing Manager and work closely with the sales team to enable us to achieve our ambitious goals.
- Proven track record of driving inbound demand through proactive channel, program, and campaign experimentation that grew revenue
- Experienced in marketing to wineries, ideally to winemakers, grape growers, winery finance, and/or winery owners
- High level strategist with superior organizational skills managing projects from start to finish, holding cross-functional and internal team members accountable to their deliverables and timelines
- Extremely creative complemented by technical acumen to quantitatively analyze the performance of all marketing campaigns and activities
- Proven track record of team management and development, fostering a high-performance culture
- At least 2 years of experience as a Marketing Director or at least 5 years of experience as Marketing Manager for a fast-growing B2B SaaS company
- Deeply passionate about the challenge of evangelizing software and technology to a traditionally low-tech industry
What You’ll Be Doing
This is a highly visible, self-driven, self-motivated role at InnoVint. You’ll collaborate closely with many cross-functional leaders in Sales, Client Success, Engineering, Product, as well as with the CEO and CTO. Some of the activities you’ll focus on are:
- Studying and deeply immersing yourself in our industry to understand the culture of our unique audience and the ICPs/personas to drive strong, successful marketing programs
- Promoting the differentiated aspects of what InnoVint has to offer, and bring those to market in the most compelling and thoughtful ways
- Developing marketing budgets and setting revenue and growth targets with leadership
- Setting inbound vs. outbound lead ratios and targets for customers, and setting SQLs and MQLs goals
- Determining market segmentation, ICPs, and product packaging
- Planning and executing in-market programs and roadshows that educate our audience, develop community, partner with complementary service providers, and aptly represent our fun, vivacious team
- Implementing essential tools in our MarTech stack and ensure we’re putting them to best use to maximize the value
- Creating product positioning, messaging, and value propositions that resonate with our audience, and collaborate with product management to ensure effective product launches and go-to-market strategies for new functionality and features
- Constantly experimenting, testing, analyzing, and refining our website copy and landing pages with value-driven content
- Generating demand through a variety of activities and channels – planning trade shows and conferences, regional events, webinars, email campaigns, speaking engagements, industry association sponsorship, organic search, social media, paid search, etc.
- Growing a strong prospect database in our CRM and ensure it’s kept up to date
- Qualifying prospects and collaborating with the Director of Sales to ensure that high-scoring prospects convert into sales qualified leads
- Constantly measuring, analyzing, and improving our marketing performance
- Continuously optimize each conversion stage of the marketing funnel
- Contributing towards optimizing each conversion stage of the sales funnel, training and empowering Account Executives with creative content and nurturing strategies
- Authoring blog posts and case studies and collaborate with our senior leaders and outsourced talent, if needed, on more in-depth articles, press releases, white papers and other pieces of content
- Continuously experiment, test, analyze and refine advertising and paid search channels (e.g. 3rd party newsletters, YouTube, podcasts, etc.)
- Bilingual in Spanish is desired but not required
Who You Are
We know how special and unique you are. We bet you:
- Will become as passionate as we are about improving the lives of winemakers and winery professionals with better software
- Have an experimenter’s mindset, eager to quickly and cost-effectively experiment with new programs, campaigns, channels, etc.
- Are uniquely left-brained and right-brained, being both analytical enough to measure your results and creative enough to form hypotheses about new campaigns to try
- Are fluent with the tools of a modern MarTech stack for a software company
- Are an adept multitasker, but can stay focused on highest priority items and not get lost in the sauce
- Comfortable working collaboratively and cross-functionally, and confident in expressing your perspective and opinion even if others don’t agree with you
- Are familiar with a number of effective paid search channels for B2B SaaS companies, including but not limited to Google, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Comfortable speaking publicly on virtual sessions or in front of a live audience
- Are productive working independently from a home office or co-working space
- You are based in or close to a West Coast winegrowing region, ideally Northern California
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with InnoVint or another modern wine production software solution is desirable, but not required. If you’ve ever worked a harvest or in a winery that would certainly be valuable.
- Our Team:We are an exceptional group of fun, passionate individuals. We challenge each other, learn from one another, and have fun together. Our Operating Principles define what drives us to do great work.
- Remote-First:We’re a remote-first company with team members around the world. As a distributed team, we are conscientious about time zones and use Slack, Notion, Loom, and other tools to enable asynchronous work. We gather often for in-person time and all-hands retreats to spend meaningful time together as a team.
- Open and Flexible Paid Time Off:We take time to rest, travel, and celebrate life’s big moments.
- Benefits:We offer a 401k, medical, dental and vision benefits package, life insurance, and paid maternal and paternal leave, and an annual well-being allowance.
- Equity:Every full-time employee is granted stock options in the company. When InnoVint succeeds, we all succeed.
$120,000 – $150,000 base salary DOE, plus bonus incentives and stock options