Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
The Director, Sales – Small Business will be responsible for driving the sales strategy and execution for the EMEA Small Business regions; partnering cross functionally to ensure the team is working in tandem to achieve goals and scaling our product led sales strategy. This person will continue to create and foster a world-class developmental sales culture.This person will manage a team of several front line managers in our Dublin office.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Driving the Small Business sales number in EMEA which includes new logo acquisition and existing business growth & retention
- Effectively lead the EMEA small business teams from a place of operational excellence; performance management, effective activity management, sales forecasting, and systems and process adoption
- Providing excellent leadership to the current sales managers and hiring and developing new talent as the region expands
- Inspiring and leading the broader sales team spanning across different roles and experience levels that aligns with Intercom’s culture & values
- Effectively leading cross regional and cross functional relationships within Intercom to ensure excellent communication and collaboration
- Driving the growth & development of our product led business through change management within teams, sales process and across the wider Intercom org
What skills do I need? 📖
- A minimum of 2 years experience developing inspirational leaders as a leader of Managers
- 5+ years of proven sales leadership experience
- Experience working in product led organisations
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused SaaS sales environment
- Strong analytical abilities and metrics focused leadership skills
- Strong sales acumen, experience within a variety of sales and coaching methodologies and a growth mindset
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously; experience driving cross functional collaborative projects strongly preferred
- A track record of delivering strong results with overall company success as a top priority
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work!
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we also offer Windows for certain roles when needed.
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.