Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
We are relocating Product Marketing from the US to be colocated with the Product org in Dublin and London, and are therefore rebuilding our Product Marketing function from scratch. We’re hiring multiple ambitious Product Marketing Managers to join our Product org.
Intercom is leading the creation of a next generation solution for the customer support category. This huge category has been relatively dormant for the last decade, but is ripe for transformational change due to advancements in Messaging, Automation, and AI technology.
Our product has been leading this transformation, and is now maturing to a point where we believe we can win the category, by continuing to innovate and mature the product, but also take our story to market in a way that inspires and educates businesses about a new and better way to support customers and create great customer experiences.
Working cross-functionally with the Product, Marketing and Sales teams, you’ll bring to market a completely new era of Product Marketing and take us back to the vanguard of next generation B2B product marketing. Your role will be critical in ensuring our product marketing excels, so that we can match our product cadence of over 100 releases a year.
What will I be doing? 🚀
Own and drive the Product Marketing strategy for your Product Group, including:
- How we position ourselves in the market.
- How we tell our story in ways that is inspiring to customers.
- How we translate our product capabilities and product updates into messaging that is used throughout the company, clearly demonstrating customer value.
- How we execute bigger launches that are compelling and easy to understand for our customers.
- Influence product strategy by being embedded in the Product org, bringing in sales feedback, customer and market insights, the competitive landscape. Debate with product partners on how we use these insights to prioritise and build our product roadmap.
- Influence GTM strategy by working with Marketing, Sales and Growth leaders, as well as the Exec team.
- Collaborate with Marketing leaders in Brand, Demand Generation, Education, to ensure we have a unified Marketing strategy, and these functions have what they need from PMM.
Execution and Results
- Accountable for strong messaging and positioning execution in your Product Group.
- Work with urgency and intention, helping product teams ship early and often, knowing that what matters most is what our customers experience.
- Support and contribute to the production of high quality content for the Product and Marketing orgs, and to support our Sales Enablement strategy.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in B2B technology, preferably in SaaS.
- Proven track record of partnering with product orgs, engineering, growth and sales teams to contribute to product strategy .
- Very high attention to detail (to uphold high standards in execution).
- You are genuinely excited by software products, are passionate about new technology and its impact on the world, and can talk very comfortably about how software products work.
- You are excited about building a very successful revenue, and how your work impacts the business.
- Strong both qualitatively (understanding customers) and quantitatively (measuring the impact of what we do).
- Be highly impactful in a world of ambiguity. Bring clarity and simplicity to complex topics with many qualitative and quantitative inputs.
- Excels at all forms of communication, written, spoken, from 1:1 to large presentations. Can explain topics at any zoom level (highly strategic and abstract to specific and tactical) to employees at any zoom level (Execs to Individual Contributors).
- No tolerance for work/work, or docs/pdfs as an end state of a project. Always looking to drive a direct line between your work and customer value and/or business impact.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).