Intruder is a fast-growing cyber security startup that’s been through prestigious accelerators including CyLon and the GCHQ Cyber Accelerator. Intruder helps companies easily identify, track, and fix cyber security weaknesses, before they get hacked. Intruder has its headquarters in London, UK, and provides cyber security services to over 2,300 customers worldwide. Learn more about Intruder’s growing services, team and our values.
About the role:
We’re hiring our first Head of Revenue Operations, to build the RevOps function from the ground up. This is an important role; your analysis will enable our leadership team to make crucial decisions as we scale. You’ll be essential in helping us grow and develop our commercial operations, and the development of the people, processes and technology that contribute to our commercial success.
You’ll be highly ambitious and comfortable working autonomously. You’ll report to our CEO and join our leadership team, working with your peers to help Intruder grow across many fronts, ensuring all commercial teams are aligned with the strategy for each part of the customer’s journey.
The right candidate will be excited to be hands-on, highly ambitious, and will enjoy the process of scaling a growing business, having done it before. Our targets are ambitious – we’re aiming to double revenue this year and next, and you’ll be hungry to drive that growth.
This will be a critical role, and while we have a strong culture of remote work, this position will be required to be in our London office 1-2 days per week.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Improving GTM processes – you’ll help create, optimise, and promote the use of efficient Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success processes.
- Creating smarter investments – you’ll continuously improve efficiency and our unit economics, analysing on-going activity, and you’ll recommend where to allocate resources and investments to generate the maximum outcome.
- Our revenue tech stack – currently HubSpot, Intercom, ChartMogul, Clearbit, Pry. You’ll maintain our existing tools, introduce new ones where you see gaps, and be responsible for the negotiation of our contracts with vendors.
- Enabling on-boarding – you’ll work with our other GTM leads on building a consistent process for enabling new commercial joiners, accelerating time to productivity. You’ll ensure new hires are trained on all relevant tools and work with relevant leaders on training Sales and Marketing materials and practices.
- Forecasting – working with the relevant team leads, you’ll create and run a forecasting process for all commercial teams – Sales, Marketing, and CS. You’ll work with our CEO and finance team to understand if we’re tracking to plan, and work with our team leads to adjust hiring, marketing spend, etc. to hit (and exceed!) targets.
- Supporting team planning – with functional leaders you’ll facilitate hiring planning based on forecasts and actuals. You’ll help develop our future strategy, territory planning, updating target accounts, etc. based on your analysis and data.
- Commission planning – you’ll design, and administer commercial commission plans with our Sales, Marketing, CS, and Finance teams.
- Performance analysis – working with functional leads, you’ll analyse performance across our commercial team, looking to identify areas for performance improvement and remove potential barriers to growth at a team and individual level.
- Marketing and sales analysis – you’ll conduct, and create tools and platforms so others can conduct, performance analysis for our commercial efforts. You’ll help our Marketing and Sales team understand what activities across content/events/demand generation/etc. are working, which are driving leads and meetings, where we should overinvest, what we should evolve or reduce.
- Commercial metrics and reporting – you’ll lead and improve how Intruder uses and actions commercial metrics, including building and presenting improvements for the entire company. You’ll collaborate with our CEO and Finance team to analyse and provide key metrics for our investors. You’ll use data and insights from all points of our customer journeys to drive operational decisions, guiding other teams to continuously improve and act on data, ensuring visibility and alignment across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success & Support, Product, and beyond.
- Assess and predict impacts – you’ll work with our other leaders to understand the potential and observed impacts of changes to our product offering, introducing new products, and price changes.
- Commercial strategy – along with our other GTM team leads, you’ll help craft our commercial strategy, making choices in the future about which teams and methodologies we introduce (e.g., Outbound, ABM, etc.).
We are looking for someone who has done this before; your ability to demonstrate a strong track record in delivering RevOps initiatives and enabling GTM teams in rapidly growing scale-ups is essential.
- You have 5+ years working in high-growth B2B SaaS, and have a great understanding of SaaS metrics.
- You have experience in mixed GTM approaches. Intruder is primarily a PLG-driven business, with a Sales-assist motion. The ideal candidate is equally comfortable with product-driven businesses, having worked in one, and outbound/sales-driven models, and can help guide our future growth by introducing new practices and tooling that unlock future segments and revenue potential.
- You have deep and recent experience of revenue tech stack: experience with HubSpot is required, Intercom, Chart Mogul and Customer Success tooling would be helpful.
- You’ll have a lot of experience with attribution modelling in both Sales and Marketing, and you’ll help us on our evolution from a last touch attribution model to multi touch.
- You’re able to make recommendations about changes to our strategy, and are logical, practical, and articulate on what the change you recommend is, the motivations to make the change, and how to roll it out.
- You’re highly organised, and enjoy optimising workflow processes to ensure the right people are being engaged in a process for the right reasons.
- You’re a self-starter, experienced at this stage of a company’s growth, and able to proactively forge a path forward.
- You are an exceptional communicator, and have first-rate interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- You’re able to navigate between focusing on day-to-day execution and long-term strategy, enjoying both activities.
It would be desirable if you have:
- Experience supporting teams in multiple geographies and timezones, especially the USA.
- While this role will initially be a team of one, it would be useful if you have managerial experience for a future team size increase.
Follow us on social media