How does this position help Jones succeed?
As our Content Marketing Lead, you will be responsible for creating high-impact content programs to deliver knowledge to our target audience and supporting our demand generation goals. This role partners closely with our in-house Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Customer Success, and Sales and reports to the Director of Marketing.
The high-level goal for this role is to help our company become the #1 trusted source for all things commercial insurance and risk management among our target audience. Key performance indicators for this role are 1) growth of the newsletter subscribers, 2) webinar RSVPs, 3) report downloads, and others. This role’s ultimate success measurement is the pipeline generation portion associated with our content efforts.
This position is 50% content creation/curation and 50% content distribution.
The most important part of content creation includes extracting knowledge from our in-house and external SMEs and packaging it in a digestible format. You will repurpose new content across channels and formats (e.g., turn a webinar into infographics into a blog post into a video).
The specific activities may include:
- Conduct rigorous research of the industry, its mechanics, trends, market forces, and key players to create new content angles that resonate with our audience.
- Build, schedule, and execute a content production calendar.
- Collect feedback, and suggest content angles and themes that cater to our audience.
- In collaboration with Product Marketing, improve the current Help Center.
- In collaboration with Dir of Marketing, create pillar content (e.g., data reports).
- Host webinars and discussion panels with in-house and external SMEs.
- Actively seek content partnership opportunities with other key industry players, integration partners, and customers.
- Distributes content across social media channels.
- Own the email and LinkedIn newsletters, social media calendars, and work with Dir of Marketing on sponsoring content to end-user and decision-maker audiences.
- Partner with Sales to organize, create and ship presentations for conferences.
- Constantly seek more inventive ways to distribute content through non-obvious channels and opportunities.
- Partner with Dir of Marketing and Sales to distribute content to appropriate prospect segments.
- Measure and report on content engagement and ROI.
What will make you successful in this role:
- Prior experience in 1) producing content for niche and technical use cases. (examples: Fintech, Proptech, InsurTech, ETL, VoIP) and 2) leveraging in-house and outside SMEs is absolutely crucial.
- The ability to work across different content formats (e.g., video).
- Experience growing a prospect newsletter from scratch is a big plus.
- Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and superb project management skills.
- The ability to turn the strategic narrative and company PoV into content
- Ability to distinguish between and turn marketing copy (product marketing collateral) into the content.
- Prior experience to create and measure content performance across Revenue goals (e.g. qualified meetings as opposed to MQLs).
Our goal is to build a company where people feel ownership of their role and are able to grow and enrich their skills and experience. We also want to create an environment where people are challenged and encouraged to be entrepreneurial. We rely on our team to help identify and take action on initiatives that can move our business forward. Elements of our culture that can be seen in every one of our people are the following:
– We get things done, period, full stop
– We give help generously
– We fall in love with customer problems
– We feel the pain; then we fix the process
– We take care of ourselves with rest, time away from work, and simply having fun
Jones helps real estate and construction firms to remove the barrier of insurance compliance through one software application that integrates with core operating systems. We envision a world where every property and construction site is connected by a network of insurance data enabling individuals to find, check and verify compliance instantly. Over 1B square feet of real estate relies on Jones daily, including firms such as Empire State Realty, Tishman Speyer, JLL, Rudin Management, and many more.
We have headquarters in New York, NY, and Tel Aviv, Israel. We have a hybrid remote / in-office experience where our team works in the office every other week, and three months out of the year, our team works from anywhere (January, July, and August).